-Senses-

{Narrator POV}

She couldn't see much, all she could see was a tiny little light at the end of the dungeon but she wouldn't venture down there she was too scared. The light flickered sometimes so she could only imagine that it was a lit torch of some kind but then again it could've just been the madness making her see things. When Monty had been there sat in front of her with his legs curled up in a ball near his chest she could just see his green eyes, the reflection of whatever the source of the light was bouncing off. It was that alone that'd given her hope, but sometimes she would shut her eyes and picture Fred and their house, maybe even the fire even her mind would even stretch that far. It never would, and then she was just forced to look elsewhere, into the darkness more often than ever. But then she'd look towards the barred door and maybe see someone running along the top of it, she hoped it was Wormtail. And that maybe one day if he saw her too his eyes would be full of nothingness, she wanted to see him dead, for her father.

The smell was bad too but she couldn't really describe it. It wasn't really a musty smell, but a mouldy smell. It was sometimes sharp as well, like someone had opened a door and a breath of fresh air had hobbled down to try and find her like her saviour. Her saviour was Fred. To comfort herself she'd try desperately to think of how things smelt, of how he smelt. Home baked cookies and cinnamon always came to mind, she remembered the time Molly forced her to help Fred make cakes for Percy's birthday and Fred got the mix everywhere and all over the walls. She thought of how funny it was that thinking of how one person smelt brought back a hundred memories, Nathan had taught her that. He'd told her that when Cedric was killed he would take his cologne and spray it over his pillow and it made him think about when Cedric bought it and had originally thrown it on the floor after an argument with an enchanted garden gnome. She thought about whether Nathan was worried about her, whether he was looking for her. But for now she was stuck down in the nasty, dark, abnormal smelling dungeon.

Maybe it was the smell that led her to speech deprivation, or the fact she had no one to talk to, and she hardly ever had no one to talk to. When she was at Hogwarts and at breakfast, she would talk to whoever was sitting close to her. Very often she'd probably scare them so she'd walk off flustered and then when Fred asked what was wrong she'd hit him or glare daggers at him. It'd been very much more interesting when Monty was here, they hadn't had talked but just knowing he was there made her feel better, she'd been the cause of him being let free, she'd begged and screamed and kicked around every day until she got too tired and had to give up finally. So maybe that was the reason she could no longer speak, and she was going thinner and weaker. She knew people came with food cause they'd slid it under the barred door but she never wanted to eat it, she was scared to even taste a tiny bit of it in fear of being sick or not being used to food which was strange cause she'd now been in there for roughly two weeks. Two weeks. And that was a long time, George would say a record for her not speaking.

Her hands would feel along the ground and the ground felt slimy and wet but she was definitely inside. She hadn't moved around much because there was no point, but when she often got up to walk around and see if there was any other way out, she collapsed to the floor again and lay there, useless. She knew there were pillar like things holding the walls up as well and they were made of stone, everything was, which just made it more and more daunting. The stone was probably dark as well, nothing like the cobbled blocks you'd see in almost every direction at Hogwarts. She had to sleep on the floor as well, this also made her cold and wet and miserable, she wanted a bed back, and a carpet. A warm fire so she could feel the heat and didn't have to be cocooned in some sort of out of water pond for maniacs. She thought that this was what her father had had to live in, cold cellars with nothing to touch, making you want something to fiddle with, someone to hold you. Like Fred.

The sound was the most horrific one though, being deprived of your sight was one thing but not being able to hear anything just made you want to scream, but then you debated in your head whether you wanted to scream. From time to time she'd hear the pitter-patter of feet above, and people talking. Dark voices that talked about death more than often, she tried to think about how Remus read to her, stories of kings and queens in far off lands but all she ever came back to was how the villain always got thrown in jail, a cold stone jail much like hers. And she tried so, so hard to picture what Fred's voice sounded like, she just wanted to hear him speak again, to hear him laugh, to hear him say he loved her.

The door opened. "Get her!" At once she was pulled up to her feet and brought out into the light, a big hall with a massive chandelier, she had to squint her eyes to see that standing in front of her was no other than Draco Malfoy and his mother.

"Now girly, I'm going to ask you one more time." A voice came from the far corner. "Join us, or else."

Bellatrix Lestrange.

"Or else what? You'll kill my dad? You already did that!" She spat. Bellatrix only looked surprised at how the girl hadn't started sobbing, but Delania Black was past crying.

Bellatrix edged forward, a sly grimace on her face. "No darling, I will kill everyone you love dearly... including that little Freddiekins of yours-"

"Ugh!!" Delania short towards her and made for her just before Carrow pulled her back and she elbowed his crotch, smirking at herself afterwards.

Bellatrix was annoyed now. "I think me and Miss Black here need some girly time."

Everyone left the room after she picked on them, Narcissa being the last to leave. Bellatrix threw the girl to the ground and bent over her, starting to use her wand, cutting where Delania collar bones were. "If you don't join us, we will kill you."

"Kill me then."

"Crucio!"

Delania squirmed around on the floor, crying out. Bellatrix was soon satisfied when the word 'traitor' was carved out on her backbone. Then she left, and for the first time the girl's senses changed.

She could see blood.

She could smell fresh air.

She could scream.

She could feel herself getting weaker.

And hear herself crying.

❤️