Chapter 2

Hey guys! Doing a double update since I actually have time right now to right so here we go!:)

- AveryAnna

*******************************************************************************************

The sun had almost faded behind the line of trees from the woods I'm in. I'm not sure of where I am but I'm sure i'll come across something or some place sooner or later. After a little further of walking, I'm exhausted. I knew it wasn't safe to sleep on the ground so I hoisted my self up into a good size tree that was pretty sturdy and secure.

When I find a strong branch I secure myself and tie the rope around my waist and tie it around the tree. I looked through my bag to get some water. I didn't have much since I was trying to escape from Elena.

I had 3 water bottles, a few bags of beef jerky, a little first aid bag, my pistol, two boxes of ammo and my jacket. I found a hairband at the bottom of my bag. I put my light brown hair into a high ponytail and lay my head back against the tree. I look up and try to count how many stars I can see through all the scattered branches. While counting the stars I fell into a pleasurable sleep.

**Dream/memory**

"Mommmmmm!" I scream. I'm so scared. The storm was getting so rough. Lighting striking trees on fire. Telephone poles crashing down. Car wrecks all over. People shrieking. I could hear the screams from miles away. "Avery. It's okay sweetie. I'm here, mommas here." My mom says rushing in and sitting on my bed. I wiggle to get beside her and I bury my head into her chest. She wraps her arms tightly around me. "Momma?" My mom looks down at me with her loving eyes. "Hm?" When I looked up at her she knew exactly what I wanted.

My darlinggg little girl.

Darling little girlll.

Can you see,

All the good things

That life gives you for free.

Happiness, love, comfort and more

And so much moreeee.

When she sang that song to me I always felt better. She told me when I was little I would always cry and she tried everything to calm me down, and she said she just started singing the things that just popped into her mind and when she sang, I stopped crying immediately. Thats when she knew her little song was perfect for me.

"Thank you, I love you mom." She kissed my forehead, "I love you too darling girl." My mother started to walk out of the room when a gun was fired and my mother crumbled slowly to the floor. "MOMMA!!"

**End of Dream/memory**

I woke up sweating and my eyes feeling puffy. I still couldn't believe my mother was actually gone. After pouring a bit of water into my hands and wetting my face, I untied myself from the tree and started to climb down. I didn't know I was so high up. I stepped down onto a branch and I heard a crack. I tried to climb back up but it was to late. The branch broke and I was falling from the top of a tree.

I hit some leaves going down. I landed on my hands and knees. My vision blurred for second but started to redeem itself after I caught my breath. I grabbed the tree for support to stand up. When I regained my balance I let go of the tree to only find myself unsteady falling back to the ground.

I felt a very sharp pain rushing through my head and my vision faded. I reached up to my head to see blood, lots of blood gushing from the side of my head. My vision was blurring even more when I heard a groan.

I saw something hovering above me, a walker. I knew this would be the end for me, but there was a shot. I saw the walker fall backwards slowing and heard running footsteps coming towards me. My vision is almost black but the last thing I see is a boy, about my age kneeling beside me.

"Daryl! There's a girl over here hurt!" Were the last things I heard before I blacked out.

*******************************************************************************************

Hey don't forget to vote and comment! Love everybody!:)