Chapter 21: The Truth

Caddie's POV:

I awoke early in the morning, just as the sun started to creep into my dorm. Rubbing the grit out of my eyes, I blinked rapidly and took in my surroundings. Unlike in movies, I didn't have a shocking revelation that all the freaky stuff that happened to me was real. Crazy things happened to me all the time. So when I finally came to my wits, I was not the least bit shocked about the time travel or prophecy. What did shock me was the fact that I was naked and laying on top Aleksander.

That nearly gave me a heart attack.

"Alek!" I frantically scrambled off of him.

He awoke with a start. His brown hair was disarrayed, his eyes were hooded. If possible, he looked even hotter when he wasn't trying. Maybe it was the bond or maybe it was just his good genes but I had never seen him looking less than gorgeous. It was so annoying.

"What?" He yawned.

"We had sex," I blurted out.

There was an obvious soreness between my legs that I couldn't ignore. The events from last night sort of blended together. I remember what happened to Alix and the sweet words Alek whispered in my ear but everything else was a bit fuzzy. I just knew that he was everywhere. In my heart, my mind, my body- just thinking about that last part sent my blood racing.

"Yes," Alek said.

His arms tightened around my waist as he pulled me back onto his chest. I could feel the hard outline of his abs and pecs against my back, it was seriously messing with my train of thought. There was something we had to do, I knew that. There was something we needed to talk about but at the moment I was feeding off of Alek's contentment and I just wanted to stay in bed all day. Alek flipped us over without giving me any warning. His chiseled features were serene, a breathtaking smile stretched on his lips as he stared down at me.

"Breathe Caddie," Alek ordered.

He lowered his head until his lips touching the crook of my neck. The skin there was already sensitive from the night before but as his lips touched the tender skin I felt my toes curl in delight. He was barely touching me and yet I was already so far gone. Alek's empathetic powers weren't even needed, his skillful hands already knew exactly where to touch to create pleasure.

"There was something..." I tried to remember what was so important moments ago but I couldn't. Not with him kissing in between the valley of my breasts.

"Stay with me," he whispered, bringing his lips back to my ear.

There was nothing else I'd rather be doing but I could shake the feeling that there was somewhere else I needed to be. My eyes flickered from Aleksander's face to the twisted red covers. Red? Alix's auburn hair flashed before my eyes. I remembered how it had looked, fanned around her head as she laid in the infirmary cot.

"Alix!" I pushed Aleksander off of me and stood up.

"Ugh," he groaned as he hit the floor.

Wincing, I gave him a guilty smile and helped him to his feet. "I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hurt-" I broke off as my eyes trailed down his exposed body. It was one thing to see his naked body in the middle of the night but in the morning, when the sun was bright, everything could be seen.

"I get it Caddie," he sighed and picked up his trousers. "She's your best friend, of course you'd be worried about her. I just wish that we could get more than one night to be together without any interruptions."

"We're heirs, Alek. The days we have alone together will always be scarce. I don't like it any better than you do but Jaxon was right. We have the power to save the world- it's selfish not to try."