Chapter 30: Good Luck

Aleksander caught on before I did, "You're one of the Celestial Sisters."

"Yes- It's a burden my mortal self must possess. As I only came to this world once out every century."

I think I stopped breathing some point during Elizabeth's confession. Though I never believed the Celestial Sisters were really before, there was a sense sincerity that rang out in Elizabeth's tone as she spoke of her past. Coupled by the fact that her emotions would have given her away if she had been lying and I didn't detect anything suspicious. The crazy witch really was something, I didn't want to admit that she was a goddess, but she was something.

"Wait a minute," I said as I thought over her confession, "What does my aunt have to do with this?"
----------------

Elizabeth released a heavy sigh. The impatience and aggravation in her emotional aura was growing at a rapid pace- she probably felt incredibly inconvenienced by staying there in the dungeon and answering all of my questions but I needed answers. If there was something I didn't know, especially about Heidi, I needed to be made aware. I trusted Heidi with everything in me, though we had our rough times, she was still my only family. Apart from my father but I didn't see how I could really count him, when he barely made an effort anymore to act like a parent. He probably didn't even know I was missing. That was the sad part of my life- well one of many- but I remembered a time when my dad meant the world to me. Now, he was just a stranger.

Apprehension of my own began to make my fingers twitch. Would the secrets Elizabeth hid from me, change my opinion of my aunt? I didn't see how Heidi could do something that bad. After all, she only ever wanted to help me. Her constant nagging and sometimes paranoia over my extensive use of black magic, was just her way to show that she cared. Right?

"I don't think I could ever explain this to you in a way that would make you understand," Elizabeth muttered.

"Try."

Aleksander gave my hands a quick squeeze to remind me that he was there for me, no matter what happened. A small smile wormed its way onto my face as I once again felt the delicious sparks that came from being near him. My numbness was fading with every second he continued to hold me. My feelings of pain and anger slowly flitted away until they were nothing more than a brief memory. I was still torn up about what had occurred mere minutes ago. Roberto's ashes were still lingering on the floor I kneeled on but with Aleksander behind me and holding hands, I didn't feel so alone.

"Your Aunt never became the Dark Witch. She tricked everyone into believing that after Nora died, that the powers went to her but that wasn't true. Before Nora had died, she gave birth to you which means that you became the Dark Witch. Heidi, who was always obsessed with the power that came with the title of the Dark Witch, expected to get the powers after her sister was executed but they never came. So, she turned to black magic on her own and became a Dark One. Roberto- vampire Roberto- taught her how to control her powers and then helped her trick the other council members into believing that she really did become the Dark Witch. Roberto realized the only reason she was unable to receive the powers, was because they were intercepted by someone else- like you. So, they set to find you and kill you. While, trying to rebuild his Dark One army."

When Elizabeth finished with her explanation, all earlier feelings of strength disappeared. It was hard to swallow the ugly truth, that was why people often chose to believe a beautiful lie. I was one of those people. Not wanting to believe that another part of my life had been a lie, I shook my head and vehemently rejected the notion. Heidi couldn't be evil! She had never been anything but nice to me! Sure, there were times when it appeared like she was close to strangling me but all family members got annoyed with each other. That didn't mean that they actually wanted to kill one another!