Chapter 7

"How did you...?" I say.

"Oh, don't mind that. You could of gotten hurt if this fell on you. I knew something was wrong so I came over and right on time too."

"But.....you can't be here!" I say walking away into my bedroom. He follows behind, just like a puppy.

"Why not?" He pouts. "I just wanted to come by and say hello." He sniffs my skin. "Aaawwww...smells so beautiful." What did he mean? My skin and body or my shampoo? I actually didn't want to think about it right now. I didn't feel well or great or good. I just felt, droopy. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I guess...." I say getting into bed and resting my eyes.

--------------------------------

When I woke up he was still there. On the bed. He turned his head and asked if I was okay. I nodded. I felt a little better. Hopefully I would stay like this for a bit longer. I looked at the clock and noticed that my brother would be home in about 2 hours. "Why did you stay?" I asked.

"Just because I could. I mean, I do love you." I wasn't really sure if he meant it though. He didn't say it the way I thought someone who did love you would say it. So I took it as a sarcastic way of just saying, I wanted to stay. I roll my eyes mentally and get out of bed. I get into the kitchen and get some food out.

"Can I help?" Uta asks. I nod. As long as he didn't poison or anything then I was fine. I set up the table and warmed up some food and waited for my brother.  Uta sat down and I sat down as well, on the couch. We were on different sides of the couch at least.

I turned on the TV and heard about the ghoul attacks so far. They were rising, or so it seemed. "Do you hate ghouls a lot?" He asked.

"I guess...not really, I mean I don't mind them. I believe that some can be good. My brother doesn't and I believe anything he says so...yea..." I end up saying. For a short 2 sentences I gave a bit of information.

"Is that so?" Uta says. "I believed that all humans hated us and would do anything to kill us, so we had to kill them first. We all have misunderstanding but I don't think that if we do we should go around killing one another. Something bad would happen and then we both could never be together." He says with a little smile. Was he being for real about being together? "I used to be in love with a human before, but she left, died. It was all there fault though." He said madly. "The CCG thought that the one I loved also was a ghoul. She wasn't though. Ever since then I have just stayed in my shop making masks for anyone who comes in." He says with a heavy sigh.

He had a good point. It was like we were at war when really, we just didn't understand one another. Then again, it was a ghoul. Could I trust him? I've only known him for so long. He told me his feelings though. I trust my brother more.