Chapter 11

Feelin' the beat!!

------------------------------------------------------

"You feeling better sis?" Juuzou asked. I just nod while laying in bed helpless. "Okay. I was hoping that you would get better by tomorrow so we could go out and fight some ghouls or even train. You need a lot more training." He says with a small laugh. I just smile at him. He was the only one I had.

"I don't think I want to train or fight anymore." I say out of the blue. He looked a little shocked. Not shocked but puzzled. Confused and hurt.

"W-w-why not?" He stuttered. "It's been our dream since for forever. Since that jerk whole tore us apart! This is how you and I will get our revenge." He says holding my hand. That women was cruel and mean. He didn't deserve that. We didn't deserve to be apart again. He told me what happened in that deadly place, where ghouls watched as you killed others. It sounded horrible.

"I just feel like I'm good at it. I never will be Juuzou. I'm not like you. I at least know enough to keep myself protected and-" I was cut off by Juuzou shouting, "AND WHAT IF YOU CAN'T PROTECT YOURSELF!??!" I didn't know the answer to that. Why was I taking Uta's side anyway? Oh I know, because I don't want my revenge to get in the way of someone trying to bring peace.

"I'm Sorry Juuzou. Can I just sleep now?" He got up and walked away. I whispered a thanks and closed my eyes.

I woke up next to the weirdest smell. Of dust or blood maybe? I open one eye and see Uta. I jumped and turned to him. "I thought I told you to warn me before you come!" I say madly.

"I tried to. You never answered. Thought something bad happened and you needed help. Turned out you were just sleeping so I've been watching over you." It's not like he's my guardian and I don't need him. "About that, you are in danger."

"How am I in danger?" I asked.

"Since it seems that ghouls are figuring out that I've been leaving a lot more and whenever I come back, it smells like human. They thought it was because I going for food but they soon found out that it was not. They know about you are not afraid to attack you." He looked sad and finished saying, "This is all my fault for coming to see you all the time. I don't know why I am so drawn to you but I am." His voice was becoming more clear. More beautiful. The sound of his voice just made me want to smile. Since I never really had someone do what he does. Juuzou tries but he just isn't as good at it like Uta. I mean....

"Thanks." I say. "It's fine. I can protect myself." I state. "I Have had training and I have my brother to protect me."

"But this is serious. There are  a lot of ghouls who will come after you."

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Finally updated. Not really good. XD