Chapter 8

"I'm guessing you're doubting me right now." It's like he just read my mind. "But I don't really care. Sooner or later you'll see that I really do love you."

"Can you just stop?" I say a little discouraged. "I don't really care about your feelings right now and all I want you to do is to stop stalking me!" That came out meaner than I expected. He looked hurt. Badly hurt.

"You know," He says. "I could eat your right now." He said with anger. For a second I thought he would. "Have you ever wondered why I didn't that night we met? Or killed your brother when he walked in the room? I could be doing a lot of things right now, but right now I'm staying with you and your getting all mad about it. I don't care if my feelings mean nothing to you, but I need someone to love me again. I'm just so lonely ever since she left." He said Turning his head like a little child and putting his knees up. He then placed his head there.

"I- uh..." Could I really trust him? I have soft spots everywhere and maybe he knows that and is using that against me.

"You even said so yourself. Not all ghouls are bad to you. To your brother they are but not to you. You don't have to be just like him you know. If you want this war to stop we need more people to stop." He says, not mad or sad anymore. "We have to eat human flesh at least once a month or go threw hell. You are right about some being bad and eating away because there addicted to it. I'm not though and most ghouls just want to live in harmony and keep away from all this badness. Those with homes or families, we are just like you just a different race. If those who are dead or in a cemetery, then why can't the people give us those bodies? Then we wouldn't have to hunt for ourselves and we would be tamed animals."

"I don't blame anyone or anything. I mean I hated people and ghouls for a bit then stopped after thinking that this wouldn't help. I stopped hunting and killing for a while but only would kill when I had to. We aren't that bad okay? Some of us just go threw hell and just want some peace. You've never been a ghoul so you don't know how it feels."

"And you've never been a human in terror when a ghoul tries to eat them!" I shout. "That's the only reason I'm part of the CCG." He looked shocked that I just yelled. "My family were killed by ghouls and the only ones who survived where me and Juuzou. I don't care if your talking about peace! I want to get revenge for those you kill my parents and my little sister."

"If all of us wanted revenge. This war would never end and more people would die." He says seriously. "Stop being so selfish."