Chapter 22

I wish he was smarter than he looked. He couldn't cook even if he wanted to! He's a ghoul after all. He wouldn't be able To taste test the food. Now he's made a mess and I had to clean it up.

--------

"I'm back." He says, walking into the kitchen as I put my dishes into the sink.

"I can see that." I finished the dishes and walked over to him. "Let's go meet my brother." I suggest, getting my jacket, going towards the door.

"Not yet." He answers, taking me by the shoulder. I look at him confused. "Why not?" I ask, confused at the gesture. He looks at me as if he thought I knew. "Your brother isn't stable yet. If we go there, he might go crazy on me. Or maybe even you." He explains. I think about it and I understood what he meant. I nod and sit on the couch.

"I guess your correct." I say sadly. "What should we do now then?" I wondered.

"You could meet some of my friends. We are having a party tonight. Do you want to go?" He asks me.

"Are they all ghouls?" I asked, a bit timid at the invitation.

"Yes they are. But I'll make sure they don't eat you. They aren't like that." He explains to me. I nod. "I guess." I take off my jacket.

---------

Later that day, Uta and I talked about ourselves and watched TV. Once it turned about 8:30 Uta said, "Come on, let's go."

"Do I need to dress up?" I ask. He shakes his head. "Your fine just the way you are." I roll my eyes and he takes my hand. Then, we start out the door.

It was a bit chilly and I forgot my sweater. "Are you cold?" He asks me. I nod. He then gives me his jacket and I look up to him and smile. "Thanks Uta." I say. He pulls me closer.

"I'll make sure you're warm." I blush a bit and I wasn't sure why.

We got to the place he was talking about. Once we walked in, there were two girls and three guys. "Hey guys." Uta says.

"Who's this?" One of the girls asked. She walked up to me to examine me.

"My girlfriend Juri." I blushed again when he said girlfriend. "This is Renji Yomo," He had white hair. He looked strong but he quiet type. "Kaneki." His hair was black and he seemed a bit shy. "Itori," she was the one still sniffing me with her red hair. "Touka," she looked away after I looked at her. She had purple hair. "And finally Akihiro Kanou." He was old. I can't elusive he was a ghoul.

"Nice to meet," Akihiro said. "I'm glad you could come." I smile.

The rest of the day I talked with Uta's friends and watched as they danced.

(Uta and Renji dancing)

At the end of the day I wasn't eaten at all

At the end of the day I wasn't eaten at all. I was glad to meet them. Touka didn't seem to like me that much though. It didn't make sense. We hadn't even talked yet and it seemed that she already hated me.

Uta and I started back to my house. "I had fun." I smile to him.

"So did I." He replies.

Sorry for the lame chapter! I'm busy but I'll make sure the next chapter is a bit better.