Chapter 17

What's gunna happen?!

------------------------------------------

"J-Juuzou..?.." I say quietly. "W-Why a-are you h-home early?" I asked.

"What is he doing here?!" Juzzou asked madly. "Why a ghoul?! Is he hurting you?! Do I need to kill him?!" He shouts. Bring out his weapon.

"N-NO!!" I shout. He seems surprised by my outburst. "I-I...I love him. Don't-Don't hurt him!!" I say madly.

"But why?! Don't you understand they are horrible beings, not worthy to live in this world?!?!" He crazily says with a shout. "Do you not understand that Juri?!"

"I-I do understand brother....but still." I look down. A bit disappointed in what my brother had said. I was now rethinking what I had said and what decision was actually the right one. "This ghoul is different!" I finally say. If Uta really loves me and I do then, Juuzou needs to grow up and except it. "If Uta was a horrible ghoul, he would have already eaten me by the first night we met!"

"Juri...we are brother and sister though." Juuzou says.

"Not biologically." I say with a serious face. Angry once again that he was trying to change my mind. "You have your past. I have mine."

"But ghouls. There just fun to kill. They love to kill to. Torture others. I can't forgive them for that. Not ever." He had fireballs in his eyes. That's the last time I would actually see him. He attacked with his scythe and Uta picked me up and we left. "And don't come back!!" He screams as I am flying through the sky with Uta.

"Thank you." I whisper.

"No, thank you. You stood up to him and finally admitted it. Thank you." We stopped on a building. The full moon shining brightly upon us. Our faces getting closer. Our mouths getting closer. Were-were we going to kiss?!

Not today though. My brother was actually following us. Mad with anger that I had betrayed him. He sliced Uta's back. "I'm going to hide you. Okay? Once I drop you, you gotta run. I'll find you later." He ran quickly until he dropped me a foot in the air. I landed and did as he told me. Was he just protecting me from my brother or from what I might see. The two I love most fighting one another. I didn't want either if them to get hurt.

I saw Uta's Kagune come out as he started to fight my brother. I don't want either of them to die!!!!