Chapter 4

Louis' P.O.V

I really wanted to know why everyone hated Harry. He wasn't mean or obnoxious, so why else would they hate him? He wasn't a slut either so they couldn't hate him for sleeping with their girlfriends. Was there any other possibility?

"What are you thinking about Tommo?" Niall blew out a puff of smoke.

"Do you guys know Harry Styles?" I asked. They all looked at each other and nodded.

"Yeah." Zayn shrugged. "Why?"

"Well he's my partner for a project and we were supposed to work on it at my house after school. But he was like fifteen minutes late and I found him being beat up by Josh. Then today in gym, Andy shoved into him and kicked him in the back so he had to sit out the rest of gym. After that Stan tripped him into the mud." I explained.

"So?" Liam raised an eyebrow.

"So why does everyone dislike him so much?"

"You really don't know?" Zayn chuckled.

"Why does everyone say that when I ask? Can no one just answer a god damn question?" I groaned.

"Louis, Harry's gay." Zayn explained.

"Okay and? It's such a big deal that people hate him for it?" I looked at them bewildered. I never really cared if someone was gay like everyone else. Just because they like boys instead of girls I should hate someone? It didn't make sense to me.

"Look none of us care that he's gay, just the rest of this homophobic town." Liam snorted.

"So your saying that you wouldn't treat him differently than anyone else?" I smirked.

"Yeah..." Liam said skeptically. 

"Would you guys mind trying to be his friend?" I smiled hopefully and they all groaned. "Please? He doesn't have any friends and I feel bad."

"Louis you know we don't like people." Zayn snorted.

"C'mon guys please? For me?" I pouted.

"Ugh fine, just stop doing that." Liam rolled his eyes.

"Thank you! Just come by my house after school, we'll be working on our project."

"What's your project on?" Zayn took a drag from the blunt and blew out a ring of smoke.

"Um, the right to gay marriage." I scratched the back of my neck awkwardly.

They all burst out laughing, "Bro how did you not know he was gay?" Niall cackled.

"Shut up." I grumbled, snatching the joint from Zayn's hands.

"Hey! I was still smoking that." He exclaimed.

"Hey! I don't give a shit." I retorted, taking a drag.

"You're such a dick." Zayn frowned but I merely shrugged. I heard the click of heels approaching and I wasn't quick enough to get rid of the blunt hanging from my mouth.

"Loui—" Eleanor's smiling face fell when she noticed the joint between my lips. "Louis William Tomlinson." She said sternly.

"Hi El." I smiled but she wasn't having it.

"Give it to me." She held out her hand but I didn't move. "Louis." I sighed but placed the blunt in her hand. She dropped it to the ground and stomped it out.

"We just lit that." Zayn whined.

"I don't care. Louis and the rest of you need to stop smoking."