Part 2

Baby Ruhi woke up first before her parents. She looked at her right side to find her mother sleeping with a frown on her forehead. She rolled close to her mother & tried to suck her teat but Madhu's cloth was a barrier to her. She got disappointed & crawled to the other side where her father was sleeping so peaceful. Ruhi tried to woke her father up by poking his cheek with her fingers but he just turned his face to the other side & continued his sleep. She rested her head on his chest & started singing "pa...pa..aa..." she lifted her head to see her dad still in deep sleep. The poor kid tried all her tricks but failed miserably in seeking her parents attention. Ruhi stood up on the bed with her wobbly legs & straddled over her dad's torso. Then she started slapping her dad with her hand to wake him up but he just groaned without opening his eyes, he picked Ruhi in one hand & placed her down on the floor from the bed. Ruhi started crying loudly for being thrown out of her bed.

"Ruhi!" Madhu startled awake hearing her baby girl's ear piercing cry. She panicked when she couldn't find her on the bed but hearing her sound coming from down, she relaxed a bit but still she wanted to know the reason for her cry. Did she fell off of the bed? But how? Rk was sleeping at the other end then no way she could have rolled off the bed.

Madhu clambered out of the bed & rushed to Ruhi's side & picked her up in her arms & consoled her to stop crying.

"What happened, Baby? Why are you crying? Are you hungry?" Madhu asked but Ruhi kept crying pointing her hand at her sleeping dad. Now, Madhu was sure that he was the reason for her tears.

"Rk! Wake up" Madhu shook Rk rudely. Rk sat up on the bed disoriented.

"What? What's wrong?" He asked seeing his baby girl sobbing.

"Did you put her down?" Madhu asked.

"Huh?"

"She was sleeping with us on the bed but when I woke up she was crying, sitting on the floor. Did you pick her up & put her down on the floor?"

"Oh! So it was she who kept disturbing me when I was sleeping? I felt some weight on my chest so I picked the weight off & gently placed down on the floor." he stressed the word 'gently' to tell her that he didn't throw or put her down like a mere thing.

Madhu glared at him angrily.

"Baby, come here, sweetie..." Rk extended his hand for Ruhi & she immediately pounced into his arms happily forgetting her cry. Madhu was astonished by Ruhi's act. She was never a cry baby but since she met her dad she was crying always. May be she realized her tears had a profound effect on her father.

"Ruhi, come lets play in water." She stretched her hands for her but she was busy playing with her dad.

"Why play in water? She will catch cold." Rk reasoned.

"I am going to give her a bath."

"Oh! I see." Rk nodded his head in understanding. "Come, I will also see how my baby girl takes her bath." Rk said in an excited tone & followed Madhu.

"Give her to me" Madhu asked after filling the water in Ruhi's little bath dub.

"You tell the procedure, I will do" Rk said with a sweet smile really wanting to do something for his girl.

"Peel her off..."

"What?"

"Remove her cloths. I know you could manage that." Madhu said in a sarcastic tone. Peeling a girl off her cloths was one challenge Rk enjoyed the most! Madhu thought, twisting her lips in disgust.

"Okay" Rk placed Ruhi on his lap & gently unzipped her frock & then took it off of her body.

"She is so pale... so soft... & so thin..." Rk whispered.