Part 48

Unedited

Part - 48

RK was tying his shoe lace by placing one foot on the stool and the other on the floor. Ruhi came running to him and hugged his leg tightly.

"Hey, baby" Rk cooed. He quickly knotted the shoe lace and picked up his daughter in his arms and planted a sound kiss on her cheek making her giggle.

"Going out, Papa?" Ruhi asked in her sweet baby voice.

"Yes, Mama and Papa are going out. You wanna come, baby?" He asked. He was taking Madhu on a dinner date and if she wanted to come, he would willingly take her. He didn't have the heart to say no to his daughter.

"Yes. Yes. Yes" she nodded her head excitedly.

Rk turned and looked at Madhu, silently asking whether it was okay with her to take Ruhi along.

"I don't mind" she mouthed and smiled. They both liked having Ruhi around them, always.

Roma was standing next to Madhu and she didn't miss their silent communication. "Oh no! I didn't spend hours getting Madhu ready for her first ever proper date with her man just to go with their baby and have an ordinary family dinner. I want their night to be special and romantic" Roma thought.

"No, I am taking Ruhi to ice cream world. You guys go and have fun" Roma interjected.

"Really?" Ruhi asked Roma with wide eyed glee. She wiggled in her daddy's arms asking him to set her down and he did. She sprinted to Roma and stretched her hands up for her to take.

Roma smirked as her plan worked and took Ruhi in her arms.

"Ice-cream at this time?" Madhu asked glaring at Roma for suggesting that. "No, she is going with us and she will have proper diner"

"Mama, puh-lease."

"Just one scoop of ice cream, Madhu. After that I will make sure she eats her dinner" Roma promised.

"Madhu, let her have ice cream." Rk cajoled.

"Alright, just one scoop!" Madhu relented

"Chocie ice cream?" Ruhi confirmed with her momma that she granted her permission to have her favorite flavor ice cream.

"Yes, chocolate ice cream" Madhu agreed with a smile as she pulled Ruhi's cheek. Ruhi clapped her hands in glee. "Baby, don't trouble Roma aunty. Mama Papa will come home soon, okay?"

"Okie! Have fun" Ruhi repeated what Roma said to them a minute ago. Roma chuckled. Madhu kinda blushed.

"Sure sweetheart" Rk blew her a kiss before taking hold of Madhu's hand and walking out of the house.

--0--

"You are not going to eat, Rk?" Madhu asked when Rk kept staring at her since they came to the French restaurant.

"It feels like a dream" he whispered. He couldn't believe he was on a date with the love of his life.

"It is not. Want proof?" She asked as she cut her chicken with her knife and with the help of her fork she took it to Rk's mouth. "Have this to realize that you are not dreaming but really eating this delicious Cod Au Vin."

He slowly parted his mouth and she inserted the fork in his mouth so that he could grab the chicken piece.

"This also feels like a dream. You feeding me." Rk said looking into her beautiful orbs. Madhu placed her fork on the plate and silently stared at it before opening her mouth to talk. "Rk, I know my sudden change surprises you but trust me I have been trying to change myself for you for a while now."