Part 9

Rk walked into his room, defeated & slumped down on the couch putting his head in his hand and then he rubbed his face.

"Oh God! Madhu hates me!" Rk moaned loudly. "And I don't deserve her love!" he admitted the fact. "I should stop being a love stuck puppy & hover around her which will only make her hate me more... she is distancing herself from me because she sensed that I was trying to near her... near her heart & find a place in it. I should really stop expressing my feelings to her... I don't want to risk losing Ruhi..."

"Chief, you want a drink?" Bittuji asked seeing Rk talking out loudly to himself like a mad man.

"Sure thing, Bittuji. Bring me something strong."

Bittuji nodded his head & went to the cabinet where liquor bottles were stored.

"Chief, here" He walked back with two glasses of amber liquid in them.

"You alright, Chief?" Bittuji asked in concern. Rk didn't reply but gulped down the drink in one go.

"Chief, I know you are hurt..."

"Hurt? Me?" Rk's body shook with mirth. "It's me who hurt her, Bittuji... I hurt that poor girl, Madhu. She was so young... so innocent... so ambitious! I took advantage of her innocence & f**ked her life. Ahhh!!" he let out a scream in agony.

"Chief, Chief... control yourself. Take it easy!" Bittuji patted Rk's shoulder.

"Yeah, I got the grip." Rk said & with his fingers he pressed his eyes to keep the tears at bay.

"Chief, why don't you two start over again?" Bittuji suggested hopefully.

"She is not ready to trust me."

"May be it's too soon to ask for such a big thing. Trust!" Bittuji stressed the word Trust'. Yeah, Trust takes years to build, seconds to break & forever to repair!

"I know, Bittuji. You know what? The irony is when I didn't love her she trusted me so blindly... and now I am truly in love with her but she is not trusting me." Rk said in pained voice as he took a gulp directly from the bottle this time.

"I want to see her eyes brimming with love for me... I want her... and her love so badly!" Rk said almost pulling his hair off.

"Chief, you should hold some patience" Bittuji said calmly.

"RK & patience never go hand in hand" Rk shook his head.

"Then it won't work!" Bittuji blurted out. Rk looked at him for one good minute.

"Sorry, Chief. I guess I stepped out of the bar..."

"No, what you said was true. I should be patient but its getting really hard when Madhu behaves so cold to me..."

"But Chief..."

"What?"

"You should keep loving her & prove your love to her. One day she will understand the depth of your love till then don't let yourself bother with the way she behaves or treats you... you should feel contented with your daughter for now & hope one day you will win your daughter's mother's love too..."

"Whoa whoa! What's wrong with you bittuji? When the hell you turned to a Love Guru?" Rk asked looking at him in shock. Bittuji blushed.

"Bittuji, wipe that blood damn blush off your face before I do it for you in my way!" Rk growled at him. "You are turning to a girl, Bittuji"

"Um... sorry, Chief... It's just..." Bittuji stammered.

"What? C'mon pop the bubble!"

"I'm in love!" Bittuji said nervously.