Part 5

"Baahubali!" Rk screamed as he took his one year old daughter, Ruhi, in his hand & lifted her up making her squeal. Rk was lying down on the bed & holding his tiny daughter up in his hand like how it was shown in the movie Baahubali'
"Paapaaa" Ruhi shook her hands & legs in the air, trusting her dad to hold her safely. Then Rk brought back his hand down & placed his baby girl on his torso & kissed her head.
"Oh Ruhi, my Ruhi" Rk hugged his daughter gently in his arms as Ruhi happily rested her head on her dad's chest. She got tired playing with her dad & now she wanted to rest to regain her energy.

Feeling someone's gaze on him, Rk turned his head to find Madhu staring at him & Ruhi with a happy smile but her eyes brim with tears.
"Why are you standing there?" Rk asked seeing her standing at the door way with a sad smile.
"You okay?" Rk asked when Madhu slowly walked towards them & sat down on the floor beside the bed & she started caressing Ruhi's head.
"You both look so adorable" Madhu whispered.
"And why you are saying that in a sad tone?" Rk asked curiously. Since last night she was so lost in her own world. He confessed his feelings for her & also proposed to marry her but she made her point that will never happen. He was so upset but then his baby girl changed his mood.
"What's wrong, Madhu? Should I take you to your house back?" Rk asked though he wanted to spend few more days with his girls in his beach resort far away from the fake world he was ruling being a superstar.
"Rk... she is dozing off."
"Let her sleep on my chest. I love holding her this close." He told her & gently patted Ruhi's back lulling her to sleep.
"There is no particular time for her to sleep..." Madhu's lips quiver up a little.
"Her life is so peaceful... no worries, no tension... she just eat, play & sleep."
"Rk... You have to be very attentive... She wakes up in the midnight & cry for her milk, then morning she wakes before sun peeps out its head up above the horizon & that time again you give her milk... She takes her bath at 8 am & before that she will have her breakfast. You know to make her baby food right?"
"Why you are telling me all this? Where you going somewhere leaving Ruhi with me?"
Madhu slowly nodded her head.
"Where? I will take you. You don't go alone. Or you take Ruhi with you. She will need you."
"No!"
"Why, Madhu? Its not that I am not ready to look after her.. But still she will need you. Whatif she cries for you?"
"She won't, Rk. You are there for her." Madhu said with a soft smile. "I never thought I could trust you ever again... But I do."
"Thanks for trusting me." Rk sat up on the bed still holding Ruhi close to his chest.

"Okay, tell me where you wanna go?"

"I don't know! I will find a place in this world."
"What? What do you mean?" Rk asked her in shock as his heart clenched with fear. it could not be what he was thinking! she can't leave them. she can't leave her Ruhi.
"I have thought a lot about this decision..."
"What decision?"
"Rishab, last night you asked me to marry you..."
"But you said no & I understand your reticence."
"I hurts to stay with you."
"Madhu, please don't do this." Rk pleaded her guessing what was up next.
"Ruhi loves you so much Rk. She will have a happy & safe life with you..."
"Madhu..."
"I can't stay close with you & Ruhi can't stay away from you... After a long time she got her father so let her stay with you... Take care of her."
"Madhu, Ruhi needs you."
Madhu looked down at her feet as tears pools her eyes.

"Rk, you wanted to tell the whole world nah that Ruhi is your daughter?"
"Yes." Rk nodded his head.
"Tell them. She is all yours." Madhu said caressing Ruhi back. "And when Ruhi grows up & ask for her me then tell her I am dead."
"Madhu no!" Rk said, horrified.
"I am going Rk. Good bye." She said & leaning forward she kissed Ruhi's head.
"Madhu, no. I am not going to let you go." Rk stopped her by holding her wrist.
"I am sorry I asked you to marry me... I am sorry for saying I love you to you... I will never say those words again unless & untill you ask me to say so... So please don't go."
"I am scared." She confessed. He looked at her confused. "I am scared that my wall of hatred for you will break down & I fall in love with you again... I don't want that to ever happen. I don't want to forgive you ever after all the horrible things you did to me. then I will hate myself. I don't want that. So I need this distance. I want to stay away from you & make myself assure that it was all a dream & you have never came into my life." Madhu said looking away.
"Is that what you want?" Rk asked in a painful voice.
"Yes. I don't want you & I don't want to snatch your right... Your Ruhi from you..."
"Will you be without her? Will she be without you?"
"Hard! But we have to accept each others lose." Madhu said with a heavy heart.
"Madhu..." Rk stopped her again. When she turned towards him, he stared at her for few seconds before sinking down on the flood, kneeling in front of Madhu with Ruhi in his arms.
"I promised you that I will never take away Ruhi from you & for the first time I am gonna keep up with my promise." Rk said looking up at Madhu with tear brimming eyes. He had never cried & today he was crying for the girls he loved the most. He kissed Ruhi's forehead. "Paa" Ruhi's first word rang in his ears which made him cry more. Then he took Ruhi in his arms & placed her gently on the floor in front of Madhu's feet.