Part 38

SHORT BORING UNEDITED UPDATE!

- - - - -

"Tomorrow I am shifting to my new apartment. I thought I will let you know" Rk said to Madhu as he stood by her bedroom door way. Madhu got down from the bed and rushed to his side. She hesitated a second before taking his hand in her. "Already you found an apartment? I thought it will take time...time to find a place" she asked failing to hide her panic which was visible on her face.

"Yeah, I asked the same realtor who helped me find this place when we moved here and he found a decent apartment for me to live. It's pretty close from here; hardly will it take five minutes’ walk"

"You really want to do this?" She asked. She wasn't sure how serious he was when he said about the moving out plan so she took it light then but now that he had found an apartment and actually moving out, she could feel the hollowness in her heart. She didn't want him to stay alone leaving her and Ruhi in the God damn huge house. "Don't you think you should reconsider your decision?" She asked, more like pleaded.

He looked away from her and stood silently.

"Do you think it's safe for us to stay alone?"

"Bittuji and Roma will be staying with you and Ruhi and they will take care of you two. Besides, my apartment is just across the road, you can call me anytime if you need anything."

"Why are you doing this, Rk? What difference will it probably make by staying alone in the separate apartment but not in the room next to mine?"

"I don't know... I just can't live closer to you but not really get closer to you. I need some space... I worry I will go crazy and do something stupid so I am distancing myself from you." He said looking down at his shoes and his hands shoved in his pockets.

"What about Ruhi? Won't she miss sleeping with you at night times?"

"She has you. She will be fine. In case she doesn't get sleep at all without me just give me a call. I will come here, put her to sleep and then get back to my house."

"So that's it?" She asked with a smirk masking her anger. "You are giving up, already?" She asked.

Rk frowned. "If you meant giving up on Ruhi then no, you are mistaken. I will never do that. I will always be a part of my daughter's life. If you meant giving up on you, then yes, you are right. You made it clear that there is no future for us so its pointless for me to fight for something which is not mine and never going to be mine"

Ouch! That burns.

She pushed her hair back off her face and dragged her hand further and pressed the back of her neck.

"I wonder why you brought us here. Ruhi and I would have lived happily back home, in India, if it wasn't for you. You too could have lived happily shooting, dating, partying and enjoyed your super stardom to the fullest." She yelled as angry tears stained her flawless cheeks. "You know what? We shouldn't have crossed paths again at all. No, actually we shouldn't have met ever in the first place. Then we wouldn't be in this mess..."

"Madhu, please, calm down and listen to me" he cut her off when she bursted out and placed his hands on either side of her shoulder.

"Don't touch me" she swatted his arms off her shoulders. "Leave my room. I need to be alone"

"Madhu, please, what I am doing now is the best of us..."

"Just get the hell out of my room, Rk" she boomed and literally pushed him out of her room and shut the door on his face.

A moment later she heard a soft knock at the door. "Rk, stop..." She pulled the door open and Ruhi toppled over Madhu's feet.

"Mama" she cried rolling on the floor.