Part 27

(No time to proofread so kindly excuse the mistakes)

"Madhu, I think it's time to cut the cake." Rk cuts in.

"Papa, me want to dance" Ruhi wasn't ready to step down the dancing floor.

"We will come again, baby. You, your momma and I will dance together after you cut the cake. Don't you wanna eat cake?" Rk asked.

"Cake!!!" Ruhi squealed in delight.

"Then come." Madhu took her hand and walked her to the center stage where the huge castle cake was set up on a table.

"I will play "happy birthday" tune in my piano?" Rk asked.

"No. Don't go. You be with us. I want you to hold Ruhi's hand when she cuts the cake." Madhu said. Rk nodded with a smile.

Madhu lifted Ruhi up and made her stand on the chair so that she can cut the cake.

"Papa, castle"

"Yes, darling. Ruhi's castle."

"Mine?" Ruhi asked with wide eyes.

"Blow the candles like how momma did last night and then cut the cake"

"Nah... nah... me nah cut the cake" she threw the plastic knife away not wanting to cut her castle.

Madhu glared at Rk for saying it was her castle. "Now convince her and make her cut the cake." Madhu said this through her eyes.

"Ruhi, baby, you have a bigger castle in your play room right? Then why you want this one?"

"Nah, papa. I want this cake castle" she said stubbornly.

"If you don't cut your cake and eat it will melt down"

"What?"

"You will have nothing left if you don't eat it now"

"Oh" she gently touched the icing with her finger and licked it. "Yum"

"C'mon, cut and then eat. See all the kids are waiting to taste this yummy cake."

"Nah... Nah... this is mine, papa" she wasn't ready to share her cake. Madhu and Rk both sighed tiredly. For cutting one simple cake what all drama will their daughter create?

"Ruhi, learn to share and eat."

"Nah, mama"

"Ruhi, you can't eat this fully."

"I will mama"

"Okay fine. Cut" She again gave the knife for Ruhi to hold. Madhu held Ruhi's little hand guiding her to cut the cake and Rk held Madhu's hand.

"Rk hold her. I don't want her to topple over the cake again like last night."

Rk quickly slipped his left hand around Ruhi's waist and held her firmly.

This time Ruhi was able to blow the two candles on her own and she cut the cake.

Madhu fed Ruhi first and then Rk fed her. Sofia snapped pictures of the lovely family.

Madhu asked Roma to cut the cake into pieces and distribute it to all.

Everyone started giving gifts to Ruhi which she received happily.

Vihaan and Krish walked to the center stage where Ruhi was sitting on her queen seat.

Krish gave Ruhi a rose which she threw on his face angrily. Vihaan laughed and gave a chocolate box which Ruhi accepted graciously. "Say thank you to uncle" Madhu said to Ruhi.