Part 47

UNEDITED

PART 47

RK woke up when the room illuminated with sun light and straight away he headed to Madhu's room to check on Ruhi. He hadn't gone to his apartment last night after the fight he had with Madhu. He wanted to make sure his girls were okay so he stayed.

He knocked at the door twice and entered into the room when no response came from the other side.

He found Madhu on the bed sleeping soundly. He took two long strides and pulled the duvet off her body hoping to find Ruhi hidden underneath it.

"Hey" Madhu sat up on the bed, alarmed. "What are you doing, Rk?" She questioned him with a frown.

"Where is Ruhi?" He asked as panic set in his face.

"Ruhi? Is she not with you?"

"If she is with me then why would I ask you?" He snapped.

"Then where is she?" Madhu asked as worry edged her eyes.

"Don't know. You only took Ruhi with you to your room last night, right?"

"Yes, I did but then in the middle of the night she sneaked out of the bed and I thought she went to your room..."

"She didn't come to my room" he said and quickly ran to check in her room.

He burst open Ruhi's room door and sighed in relief. His daughter was there, sleeping peacefully on the carpeted floor hugging her velvet elephant toy.

Rk slowly walked into the room and knelt down on the floor beside Ruhi.

"Why do you think she is here?" Madhu asked softly as she slid down on the floor next to Ruhi and gently caressed her soft curls.

"Maybe she didn't like to sleep with us. Maybe she didn't like her fighting parents at all" Rk said.

"We should stop fighting then"

"Oh trust me, I am only too willing to oblige to your words in this matter"

"We should not spoil her childhood with our issues."

"You are good at words, Madhu, but when it comes to action you suck" he said, sitting up and facing her.

"Rk!" She growled as she sat up too. "Here, I am trying to make compromises with you for our daughter's happiness but you are..."

"Alright. What should we do now?" He cuts her off when she raised her tone. "Again put up the facade that everything is fine between us? That you don't hate me and we are friends?"

"Let's start over again" her hesitant words took him by surprise.

"From where?" He asked puzzled.

"From the beginning" she whispered.

"We have two beginnings here. One is pre-Ruhi beginning and I definitely don't want to start again from there. And another one is post-Ruhi beginning and I am sure you won't want to start our lives again from there because I presume you still haven't changed your mind. You still don't want to marry me, do you?"

She hung her head down and twisted her fingers nervously.

Her silence told him his presumption was right. "She still hasn't changed her mindset so we will never move forward" he thought with an inward sigh.

"Rk, I want you to be my hero" Madhu finally spoke looking straight at his eyes making him frown in confusion.

"I didn't get you"