Part 6

"I love you, Ruhi... I love you, Madhu" Rk whispered as he tightly shut his eyes & gripped the knife so hard in his fist hand, his knuckles turned white with the tightness. Suddenly someone rudely pushed his hand away & slapped hard on his face. Rk opened his eyes & found Madhu glaring at him with bloodshot eyes.

"Madhu..." Rk stood up from the bed. "You here... where is Ruhi?" Rk asked not fining Ruhi with her.

"Is everything alright?" Rk asked worriedly seeing Madhu's tear strained face.

"Madhu... please tell me something... my imagination is running wild. Is our Ruhi alight? Where is she?"

Madhu kept sending daggers at him through her eyes as angry tears rolled down her cheeks. She wasn't sure why she was angry or at whom she was angry. Whether she was angry at him for trying to commit suicide like a coward or at herself for running away from him & putting Ruhi's life in danger?

"Madhu..." Rk gently shook her shoulder bring her out of her trance.

"Come with me." Madhu dragged Rk out of his house & took him to her car.

"Where are we going? Where is Ruhi? Please answer me. You are cutting me to the quick here... what happened to my baby girl?" Rk shouted.

"Will you shut up?" Madhu shouted back at him as she sped the car.

"Okay! Okay" Rk put his head in his hand & silently prayed to the almighty God to keep his baby girl safe.

"City hospital?" Rk frowned when Madhu parked the car outside the hospital.

"Come! Ruhi is here." Madhu said & stepped out of the car.

"Ruhi?" Rk breathed as his heart start thumping hard against his chest. They stepped into the elevator & Madhu pressed the button on the pad to the floor where Ruhi was kept in ICU. Rk felt difficult to breathe & unknowingly he took Madhu's hand in his to gain some strength from her. He was glad that Madhu didn't pull her hand away from his grip. May be she needed the comfort too. Her hands were so cold like ice & she was shaking & that feared Rk more. Finally after what felt like an eternity, they reached the floor. Madhu & Rk rushed to the ICU & right then a doctor walked out with a nurse taking something down on the note pad which the doctor was dictating.

"Dr. Mehra, how is my baby?" Madhu asked him.

"She is better now, Miss. Malik. Her temperature as reduced but she has some difficulty in breathing."

"It's all because me... she is in this condition... I shouldn't have let my baby cry all night... I'm so bad..." Madhu cried covering her face. Rk frowned when he heard about Ruhi crying all night but why? He wondered & hesitantly wrapped his arm around Madhu's shoulder to comfort her but he knew she wouldn't like it & push his hand away but to his surprise she wrapped her hand around his waist & cried burying her face in his chest.

"It's okay... It's okay... nothing will happen to our Ruhi..." Rk rubbed her arms in a soothing way but inside he was shit scared.

"Miss. Malik, calm down. Your baby will get well soon. We have given her IV drip now, after it gets over, she will shifted from ICU to a private ward. She will be little weak when she wakes up in the morning but nothing to worry."

"When can I take her home?" Madhu asked composing herself. Rk still had his hand around her shoulder for support.

"We will have her here on observation for a day & by tomorrow evening she will be good to go." Dr. Mehra said with a polite smile before walking away. Madhu slowly walked towards the room & stood beside Ruhi's bed. Rk stood next to her & his vision blurred & his heart ached seeing his beautiful baby girl, lying on the bed, so weak & pale, with a nasal cannula for oxygen & an IV running in her vein. That was one sight both Rk & Madhu never wanted to witness even again in their lives.