Chapter 3 - Grim Reaper?

Y/n's POV

After having God neaten me up and calm my nerves, he proclaimed a big announcement. "You're going to be the new Grim Reaper!" He cheered, his voice no longer bouncing across the entire planet. "Sweet? Uh, who's the first person to be Reaped?" I took a large black coat from him and a grey scythe appeared in my hands. "Well, some guy named Ohm, another guy called Steven and I need you to find the spawnling of Satan." He smiled, handing me a checklist.

I sighed. "Can I subtract two people off this List?" I asked, puppy eyes beginning to form. "Depends. Anything that's not Steven cannot be undone." God laughed, underlining the two that weren't Steven. ".... I'm not cut out for this job." I tossed the coat onto his face and threw the scythe into the wall, lodging it firmly into place. "Come on, Y/n--" I shut him up by slamming the lever down and jumping through the newly formed hole in the sky.

I slammed into a creek, polluted with plastic and acid. It burned my skin, but I wasn't going to die. I flew out and retracted my wings, turning into the ghostly side of me. My halo dissapeared and I floated over to the mansion to see what was truly up.

....How should I put this? Let's say... the atmosphere had been replaced with gloom, and everyone was moping around and sulking. Their shoulders were rolled in and their mouths corners were turned down. Their eyes were puffy and their noses red, some leftover tears falling down their cheeks. What was wrong? They weren't like this yesterday.

"Y/n..." I heard someone Whisper through choked sobs. There's the reason why. I would console them, but I'm dead. That wouldn't make it better, telling them that I am now dead forever or something.

I can just imagine it now... 'HEY GUYS I'M DEAD FOREVER, DERP' and we all drown in tears and are reunited in the heavens. Not a good end to the story... "I'm going out, bye guys." Tyler grumbled, pulling on a trench coat and leaving. I didn't notice the rain until it thundered down on his umbrella. I followed him into a forest, damp, dark and quiet.

"I miss you, Y/n." He pulled out a photo of us and his tone softened. He no longer seemed mad, and I loved it. "I love you." I whispered. I secretly hoped he'd here me, but I know God would try to kill me again. He looked around, before sighing and continuing his trip deeper into the forest.

We ended up at a clear pond, colourful fish gliding through the water. I saw one jump out and spray Tyler with water, raising his discomfort. I stifled a giggle as he spat and coughed, trying to get rid of the raw fish taste. I must've giggled, because his eyes shot around in every direction. "Someone There?" He said, earning silence as a response. I smiled, seeing him rest on the damp grass and hold the umbrella above him.

I laid next to him, feeling his warmth radiate off onto me. I intertwined my cold, lifeless hand with his warm one and stared at his handsome face. He didn't seem to notice, he was too deep in thought. I rubbed his hand with my thumb, being careful not to faze through. I almost laughed aloud when he smiled, seeing his grin on his face made my non-heart thud right out of my chest. I wish I was alive again.

I've become what he can no longer embrace in his arms, soothed by the calm pumping of his heart. Running my hands through his light hair and staring at his gorgeous, icy blue eyes. I wish I could do that once more, but I'm DEAD. SCREW YOU, GOD! X (

I felt his hands move, and I snapped out of my trance. He was staring at his hands, inspecting them carefully. He put one down where my hand is and probably felt the icy cold. His eyes widened, feeling something on his lips. A kiss, of course. Even though my lips were ice cold, I yearned to feel his warmth, to kiss him once more. He seemed shocked,  but do I really blame him? I began gliding through the trees at a fast pace, making sure I didn't solidify while flying through seem soggy pine trees.

I made it to the mansion and sprouted my wings, becoming a solid being and visible. I ripped the scarf off my face and decided to disobey God and I's contract, pretty much throwing it out the window. I heard him laugh and watch me as I barreled head first through the window, shattering it once more. I heard footsteps bounce up the steps, and I ran over to the first person I saw. I smothered them with a hug, soon hugging everyone else.

"I'm Sorry!" I cried out, not caring how they would react. I didn't want to see my friends so sad. "Wha-- Y/N?!" I heard Evan yell out in surprise. "It's me, you're worst Nightmare!" I laughed, almost suffocating the stress ball under me. "Y/nnnn" I heard Craig groan from my hug, trying not to die. "I don't want to be You!" He wriggled out of my arms.

"You shouldn't be here." Charley whispered. All eyes directed to her and glares burned holes into her. "God will murder you." She whispered louder. I nodded. "I know, I know." I said. "No, seriously, he will ban you from Earth. I know, it happened before." She almost yelled. "I doubt it, Mate." I smirked. She didn't budge though. "Don't blame me if you don't see us again." She said seriously, loosing all playfulness from her attitude. She stomped out of the mansion, passing Tyler on the way.

"Is that true?" Sophia asked, I nodded, but didn't say anything. "Then why risk it?" Luke questioned. "It was bound to happen, I just got it over and done with." I sighed. I heard Tyler thunder up the steps. His eyes widened. "Y/n..." He breathed, dropping his sopping umbrella and trench coat to run up and hug me. I hugged him back, planting a kiss on his lips. "I thought you died..." He trailed off. "I did. I am dead. As the halo and wings." I pointed out. "Yeah, Charley was mad about it, too." Mini said, staring out the window.

"She wasn't mad, she was just warning me--" I heard a booming voice from the heavens. "Y/n L/n, come here, NOW." God echoed at me. Everyone else heard it, too. Well, let's begin trying to converse my way out of this.

Y/n, whyyy. Uh, hope you enjoyed!
Word Count: 1137 words.