Chapter 19 - CorRUpTed??¿

Y/n's POV
I sat in the living room, in silence. Nobody else was in the house, and I was alone. Deafening silence surrounded me, occasional eerie sounds echoing around the lounge. Everybody else had gone out shopping, having fun or for something special. I don't exactly know what this 'special' thing is, but I hope it's going to be fun and not a waste of precious time. My new watch chimed, reading 5.00pm. It was getting late, and nobody had come home. I feel like they went grocery shopping, left it at the door, and went to help everyone else with the surprise.

"I want food..."  I mumbled, flopping of the couch. I rolled to the fridge, the light and cool air hitting my face as I swung the fridge door open. I stared in awe at the beautiful scene in front of me. The enormous variety of ice cream, candy, chocolate and more. I took a tub of ice cream and some chocolate, slamming the fridge with my foot and turning on the TV. I plopped onto the couch, flicking through channels. I found a horror movie, figuring the movie would be fun, and began watching.

~~~~~~

"Don't run in dere! You die inthtantly!" I yelled through a mouthful of ice cream, the main protagonist in the movie being stupid and running straight into the monster. Before the best part came on, aka the character gets his insides torn out and slung around his neck, all the electrical products in the house flickered before turning off completely. "If this is a joke, I swear..." I swallowed the last of the ice cream and tossed the empty tub and chocolate wrappers into the bin.

I strode to the power box in the basement and fumbled with some switches before the lights blew up. I screeched as sparks flew and glass shattered, creating a mess in the basement that I would have to clean up. Great, just great I thought to myself as I rushed upstairs and began looking for a broom. "There you are." I picked up the dusty broom from the corner of the room.

I dragged it behind me as I thumped down the creaky stairs. I aimlessly sweeped most of the glass out of the room when static filled my ears. I clutched my head in pain and rolled on the floor, thankful that I had swept most of the glass out of the area. "Hey~ WanNa PLaY?¿¿" A glitchy voice echoed through my head. I ignored it and ran upstairs, feeling the static sound vanish.

"W-Who's There?" I stuttered, grasping a butcher knife from the kitchen table. "Me, Stupid!" The glitchy voice yelled, coming from behind me. I whipped my head around, my h/l h/c hair whipping my eyes as I caught a glimpse of a glowing blue in the now dark, as the power once again flickered off. "Show Yourself!" I confidently stated, using up all of my bravery.

"Aww... is wittle baby scared?~~~" The voice giggled, the glitchy noise never leaving. "No." I mumbled, stumbling into the wall. A cackle was heard, the blue light vanishing. "You should've seen YOURSELF! Ha!" It cackled. I fumed, fumbling either a torch and emitting a warm glow. I saw Silent cackling in the dark. "Silent?" I tilted my head.

"Oh! You know.... dumbass isn't so dumb!" She smirked. The door swung open, Evan, Jonathan, Lui, Nogla and Marcel. "Hey Silent, why's the lights Off?" Lui squeaked. "Hey Lulu! How is yOU..." Silent smiled sweetly, not opening her eyes. "You're kinda scaring me..." Marcel pointed out. "I don't care. Screw off." Silent's eyes opened, an electric blue glow drifting from her eyes. Her sweet mood vanished completely as quickly as it came, scaring alot of us.

"But...." Marcel's eyes welled up with tears. "I said SCreW OFf!" Silent lashed out, a glitchy sound intertwining with her voice. She slashed at Marcel, leaving a slight gash in his cheek. Marcel fell back, surprised, clutching his gushing wound. "Run." My eyes widened as I began to understood Lui's command, Silent launching at me. I dodged and rolled into the fridge, Silent lurching into the wall. She began growling, glitches beginning to surround her. "I said Run!" Lui yelled, tackling Silent. Everyone apart from me and Nogla ran, either up or down stairs. Not one smart person ran out the door to get help.

"HELP!" Marcel must've found a phone, but it was out of battery. Everything electrical in the house had stopped operating, causing panic to rise through everyone. "Snap out of it!" I yelled, seeing her tear Lui off her back. "You're lucky you're my friend, Lui." She snapped, shoving him downstairs. Nogla ran after him.

"Hey, guys, I'mma just drop this stuff off and..." Tyler happened to waltz in at the right moment to see Silent pin me to the wall. Tyler rushed at her, tackling her to the floor. The light flickered as she growled, her vanishing from Tyler's grip. "You Okay?" He helped me up. "That's the third time you've had to say that." I smiled.

"Well lovebirds, you're lovey dove moment shall end here. Actually, you will end Here!" She flew down from above, barreling into Tyler with a blade to his neck. "Hey!" He yelled, wrestling with her power. I growled, seeing the room glow around us. I wanted to protect him, and that's what I would do. I ran straight into Silent, seeing her lights flicker form blue to her default colour only for a second before they regained their blue glow.

"WHAT?" Her voice glitched harshly. Orange feathers danced around us, and I figured the only logical way to stop her. I scooped them up and shoved them forcefully down Silent's throat. She began choking, me immediately regretting my decision. Her eyes flickered rainbowish colours and she crouched into a ball, coughing out feathers and crying out I'm muffled screams.

"I'M SORRY" I yelped as her eyes turned to their original red and yellow colour. "What.... um..." I felt confused, tired and traumatised all at once. "You nearly killed her!" Tyler yelled. Silent looked away, slightly ashamed. "Not you, Y/n! She can't inhale feathers magically." Tyler huffed. "I apologised!" I yelped. "Now to clear up these feathers." Tyler sighed, bashing on the wall. "Come out now, we're SAFE!" He yelled to everyone else.

"Where'd the feathers come From?" I tilted my head. "Maybe from the bird above you." Charley rolled her eyes. "Oh." I saw Obli above me. "Thanks, boy." I pet him as he tweeted triumphantly. Not on Twitter. Don't you even dare try to say that.

"Well, I can't wait for Chinese New Year." I smiled, changing the topic. "Yeah, the surprise it gonna make you the happiest you've ever been!" Tyler squealed. "I hope so, you use all your time in the surprise." I huffed. "Hey, we can go out tomorrow together for ice cream and stuff,  if you'd like." He smiled. "Yeah, sure." I nodded, my e/c eyes drifting around the mess of a house.

Time to get Cleaning!

Yup. Hope you truly enjoyed!
Word Count: 1195 words.