Jihyo: Coffee

Jihyo x Reader

You hate working on this cafeteria but let's just say that you ended up there because your parents forced you to there were no other jobs available in town. All you do is patiently waiting for the season to end.

It wasn't that bad at the beginning, until you realized what kind of people your coworkers were. You seriously couldn't decide who you hated the most. They are probably treating you that bad because you're the only one who's new in here. Everyone else has been working here for ages and you're surprised about how they are dealing with each other's guts all these years.

"Smile, the customer should feel thankful when you're giving them their coffee, not scared." Your dear coworker just said. You two were in charge of the counter together for tonight and you just couldn't hate this night more.

You just faked an ironic smile at her and decided to not pick up a fight..again. You were more than tired of doing so.

You continued working and when you gave the next order you made sure to give a wide smile to the customer so that your coworker would shut up.

"That was too much" She said.

You wanted so much to curse at her at that moment but thankfully you heard another customer entering the building so you just let it go.

"How can I help you?" You asked the customer politely.

"Can I have a Cappuccino, please?"

You haven't looked at the customer until now. That cute voice you just heard made you wonder about who it belongs to. You froze for a second. Or maybe more. In front of you , there was a cute girl around her 20's with big brown eyes. She kind of looked familiar to you.

"Sure.." You answered late enough to feel embarrassed about it. You just wished your coworker wouldn't make a comment about this.

As you were making the cute girl's coffee, another customer came by so your coworker stopped stalking you and your working abilities.

You stole a quick look of the girl and noticed that she was looking at you. She didn't look embarrassed about it. In fact, she flashed you a smile out of a sudden and you thought that this is probably the only thing that made you feel good during work. Of course you didn't miss the chance to smile back at her. Damn. She really looks familiar.

The Cappuccino was ready and you were about to give it to the cute familiar girl. Little did you know that your beloved coworker was standing right behind you when you were turning around to serve the customer, which made you and the coffee literally bump into her. The hot coffee was now spilled all over you.

Suddenly your coworker started to act like an innocent 5-year-old who just broke her grandmother's vase because she even brought towels to help you with the coffee on your clothes. That was weird, but she was probably acting like that to leave a likeable impression to the two customers who were still waiting for their orders.

What surprised you even more, was the customer who came over to help almost immediately by bringing some tissues and helping with the mess.

When things got somehow better on your clothes, you started making a new coffee.

"Thanks for your help" You said to the cute girl. You could feel ever since she came over to help that your cheeks were turning red and you were pretty sure that it wasn't because of the hot coffee on you.

"This one will be my treat" You added.

"What? No- There's no need for you to do that" She insisted and you noticed that her voice was somehow louder than usual.