Nayeon: Fame

Nayeon x Reader

Nayeon is that kind of a girl that everyone talks about at school. Everytime your friends talk about Nayeon's popularity you just can't help but sigh and patiently wait for the topic to change. You really couldn't care less. You are so busy with studying nowadays and Nayeon's fame is probably the most useless thing for you to talk about. You haven't met that person to care and if it wasn't for your friends you wouldn't even notice her. You admit that she is beautiful and cute but that doesn't mean that you should gossip around just like everyone else does.

"Did you hear about Nayeon and her ex boyfriend?" A girl asked Jihyo who is your best friend.

"What happened?" Jihyo asked and you rolled your eyes. You had no interest into joining this conversation. 

"I heard that someone saw them talking yesterday after school." The girl said and you thought that your lunch was more intresting to look than listening to this girl and your best friend gossip around again.

"Didn't they break up last year or something?" Jihyo continued and you just ignored the rest of their conversation until the girl finally left to sit on another table for lunch.

"Seriously, why do you even care about that girl and whatever she does?" You asked Jihyo.

"Well, a little gossip never hurt anyone." She answered.

"You are in the same class with her right?" Jihyo asked you.

"Yea, so?" Of course you knew Nayeon was in the same class with you. Everytime she would enter the class or even sneeze, the whole class seems to notice.

"Nothing, just asking." Your friend just said.

~

You are indeed in the same class with that girl named Nayeon but today, just like everyone noticed, she is not here. You could hear whispers all over the classroom saying different theories of why she is not here. Meanwhile, you tried to steal some time and study for the test tomorrow, before the teachers comes in, but you couldn't focus because of all this noise. You found it so annoying and you couldn't stand it anymore.

"Guys, can you turn it down please? I am trying to study here." You said gaining most student's attention.

"I'm sure you have plenty of time to study at home." One of your classmates said from the corner of the room.

"I'm sure you have plenty of your own life to care about the other's." You tried to immitate her attitude. Everyone went silent after you said that but you noticed that none of them was looking at you.

You turned around to see what got their attention and of course, it was Nayeon. She just entered the class and everyone could tell that she was crying because of her red eyes. She gave you a look and went at her seat. You assumed that she heard your little arguement with your bitchy classmate but you just didn't care. To you, she seemed like a normal person who unfortunately has to deal with fame and you've never considered fame as a good thing.

The next moment the teacher came in, which caused all the students to finally sit in silence. You stole a look at Nayeon who didn't say a word since the beginning of this class, which is unusual since she is one of the top students in here. You noticed her tired expression and you somehow felt sorry for seeing her like this. She must be going through a lot, maybe she can't handle that much attention. You were still staring at her when she felt your gaze and gave you the look back. You couldn't understand why but the fact that you got caught staring made you nervous and you just turned around awkwardly to look back at the teacher, hoping that she didn't notice your weird action.

When the class was finally over Nayeon left the room in a hurry and everyone started whispering again.

"Hey look! Nayeon forgot one of her notebooks on her desk!" Someone literally screamed so that everyone could hear him. Everyone went over her desk and you sweared to god that if anyone opens it you would punch them in the face. You just can't stand this whole gossip thing going on and that's why it affects you so much. You saw that bitchy classmate of yours, the one who talked to you before class, grabbing it and you just wished for Jihyo to be here and hold you back.

"Put it down." You said coldly while giving her your death glare and she just smirked at you.

"Why? Aren't you supposed to be studying right now?" You were so ready to slap the girl but you just tried your best to keep it to yourself.

You were so done talking with her and even if you'd try you thought that it will only make things worse. So you just grabbed the notebook out of her hands and went out of the classroom. You didn't care what the others' might be saying about you at this point. You were just doing what felt that was right.

You were looking for her. You were walking too fast and for some reason you started to get sweaty while your hearbeat was racing. You stopped in the middle of the hallway to think of where a crying girl would go during a break time at school. The bathroom was the first thing that got into your mind so you just went there. When you entered, thankfully you saw Nayeon alone over the sink washing her hands. Your previous fast walking caused you to make a sudden entrance which was enough for Nayeon to give you a suprised look at you through the mirror over the sink. You stared at her until her eyes dropped to the notebook that you were holding. You cleared your throat to make sure that your voice still exists.

"I believe this is your's" You said before she could misunderstand. Nayeon turned to look at you face to face, turning her back to the mirror.

"Oh..Thanks.." She said and you noticed that she was avoiding eye contact. Probably because her eyes were still tired and teary. She took a few steps closer to you so that you could hand her the notebook. When you did, she gave you a shy smile and looked down at her feet.

"You know..you should talk to someone about this..talk to the headmaster or something, people can't just break into your privacy." You said and you didn't expect her to give you that suprised look. She looked at you as if she didn't expect someone saying this to her.

"I've already done that but thanks.." She said still confused and this time she wasn't afraid of eye contact. She looked at you straight in the eye and you couldn't stand her hurt look. Of course she would've done that...of course she would ask for help..you felt so silly for saying that.

"No, I mean..sorry.. I mean you've obviously tried a lot of times to get out of this situation..I am sorry for saying that."

"No no no.. it's okay.. I mean you're probably the only person that sees me in this situation here...Everyone else thinks that I'm enjoying this and that I am some kind of a selfish diva but you don't, and I really appreciate that." She said and she falshed you a sad smile. You smiled back at her but you still feel sorry for what she is going through. You tried to picture yourself in this situation and truth is that you would hate every single day in this freaking school if you were getting this amount of attention.

"I've actually found a solution.." She said.

"What is it?..I mean you don't have to tell me if you don't want to.." You said embarassed at the fact that you couldn't control your curiosity.

"I'm leaving this school."

~

Nayeon indeed left the school. The thing is that ever since your first talk at your school's bathroom, you were only getting closer with her. You were kind of afraid of it and she was afraid of it too, afraid of how close you will get. Because both of you knew that she is going to leave. Nayeon was really impressed by many things that you do. She was impressed of the way you didn't care about what other people say when you were with her even though you hate dragging too much attention. She was impressed of the way you could understand her so easily and of the way you could see the real her.

Months have passed. You often talk to Nayeon through texting but you can tell that it's not the same anymore. Everyone has seemed to forget her and they focused on another beautiful girl who is currently promoting herself for the school's elections. Life is truly unexpected and you realised it just now, because who would've thought that you're going to be the only one, out of this school, who after all these months would still been in touch with Im Nayeon?

~Requested.