Jihyo: Mine

Jihyo x Reader

You've always thought that Jihyo is too good for this world. She has a good heart and an innocent soul and she's just good to everyone. Every person who has met her or knows her personally would say that, everyone likes her. You just happen to like her a little bit more, both ways. You've never told her about it and you weren't sure if you should because a. it might ruin your friendship and b. you've always thought that you don't deserve her. Or maybe, you aren't really sure if you could give her the life that she deserves.

The thing is that you've never been good at hiding something and since you and Jihyo are really close friends, the fact that she might find out, always made you nervous around her. You realised your feelings about her a couple of months ago and she has noticed a change on your actions. She often says to you 'what's up with you lately?' or 'You've changed' but always in a good way. You've also tried to test her by ignoring her for two weeks and you still feel guilty for that because she didn't do anything to deserve this.

~

It was Saturday night and you were out with your friends, included Jihyo. Every night that you get to spend with your friends turns out to you being left alone with Jihyo. Tonight, it was one of these nights that you sat next her and just talked about deep stuff for hours.

"Have you ever been in love?" After a huge talk about the existence of the universe she suddendly asked you this. It took you a few seconds to think of your answer.

"I don't think so" You just said but she didn't look convinced.

"You know, when I ask this question 90% of the people that are thinking about it before answering have actually been or are in love, no matter what their actual answer is." She said and you laughed awkwardly. You've always thought that Jihyo is smart, probably one of the smartest people you've met and that's why you were sure that sooner or later she will realise that you have a crush on her. 

"How can you tell?" You asked. Your answer was honest though. Yes you've had a crush before but you weren't sure if that's what love is.

"Because they're actually thinking 'oh yes I've liked someone before but i dont think that's what love is', I bet you 100 dollars, this is what you thought as well." Jihyo said as if it was the simpliest thing that anyone could think of.

"Well yes , that's what I thought but hell no i'm not giving you 100 dollars." You said and she laughed. You liked watching her laughing, especially when you were the one making her laugh. There was a moment of silence which caused you to clear your throat and awkwardly look somewhere else. She was still looking at you.

"So who is it?" Jihyo asked.

"is?? I don't like anyone at the moment." You lied.

"Did you seriously believe that you can trick me? It's obvious that you like someone, for me at least." She said but you didn't say anything. You galped and stayed silent, not knowing what to do or say.

"C'mon.. why don't you tell me?" You couldn't even look at her. You've guessed that she might find out but you've never really thought of what to do or say when the time comes.

"Jihyo..I don't want to talk about it.." You said and she noticed that you were being serious. So she stopped. She didn't ask you anything else, she got the fact that it's hurting you.

~

You went home, changed and lied in your bed when you heard your phone buzz. It was a message from Jihyo.

Jihyo: "Sorry about tonight..I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable."

You: "Don't even think about it.."

Jihyo: "Y/N..is it me?"

You froze at the screen of your phone. Your heart started beating fast knowing that all you can do now is to admit it. You felt like crying, you could tell that she doesn't feel the same way and you were just so sorry for sacrificing your friendship.

You: "I'm sorry..." You almost cried.

Jihyo: "Y/N.." Your eyes were teary while she was sending you those messages and you felt the need to burst out crying.

Jihyo: "Do you wanna try..?" You looked confused at your phone, thinking that you might have lost your senses or something.

You: "Try what? Are you serious? No..I won't force you." You said still refusing to believe that she means what you think she means. You were so absolute about what you said. There is no way that you are getting in a relationship with Jihyo because she feels sorry about not feeling the same.

Jihyo called you. You tested your voice and when you made sure you don't sound weird, you answered.

"Hey.." You said softly and then she just started talking.

Jihyo: "Listen..I knew it for a long time now and truth is that ever since I realised it I can't freaking stop thinking about it..thinking about you..thinking about us..I've never thought I will ever see you this way but trust me, I know myself. I know that if I'm thinking about you that much then you are more than just a friend. So I'm not forcing myself right now when I say: I want to be your girlfriend."

You felt butterflies in your stomach and you were out of words.

"Jihyo if I ever find out that you are forcing yourself because you feel sorry-"

"I am not." She didn't even let you finish.

"If I was forcing myself then this could only hurt you, do you think I would do anything to hurt you?" Well, she had a point. She wouldn't say all these if she was lying. You started to realise the fact that Jihyo just confessed to you and you immediately felt a wave of happiness spread all over your chest.

"You know what?" You said.

Jihyo: "What?"

"You're mine." You said and you could picture her smiling over her phone, just like you were right now. You had to admit, that this was your most beautiful moment in life.

~requested