Nayeon: Movie night

Nayeon x Reader

Nayeon is the only friend that I'm still in touch with ever since college. She was my best friend back then but ever since then, we kind of split because of our busy lifes. She is still a good friend of mine but it is not like before, something is changed and I think it is just our busy adult lifes.

Last year she was the one who travelled all over to my town so that we could celebrate Christmas together, so this year is my turn.

I am currently on the train while texting Nayeon, begging her to not fall asleep before I get there. If she does, her groupmates will probably be the ones to open the door and I still haven't met any of them so it will probably be awkward.

I got off the train and started walking while following the directions that Nayeon gave me. I decided to call her to make sure that I am walking towards the right way and also that she's not asleep.

"4 minutes, damn it I thought you wouldn't get lost before 5 minutes." Nayeon teased me through the phone.

"First of all I am not lost, at least I think so, second of all you guys need more trash bins in this town, I am literally holding my empty coffee cup since I got off of the train." I said.

"Geez you wouldn't last not even a day without me here." She said.

"I wouldn't last not even a day without you anywhere." I said completely spontaneously and when I realised it I started hitting my head with the empty cup that I was still holding.

There was a long pause and I just prayed for her to say something because I was super embarrassed.

"...True" was all said and I could imagine her smiling at the end even if I couldn't see her.

I asked her a few more things about the directions and warned her that I will kill her if she is leading me to the wrong house.

"It's called a dorm you know." She teased again and I rolled my eyes.

I finally arrived, Nayeon was outside waiting for me and I immediately ran to hug her when I saw her.

"I missed you.." she said at the back of my head since we were still hugging.

"I missed you too" I said and couldn't help but smile. She helped me with the luggage and when I went in, 8 more pairs of eyes were looking at me in the living room.

Finally I get the chance to meet Nayeon's groupmates, even though they know about me and I know about them from her.

I introduced myself and then Nayeon introduced me to the members individually. Nayeon knows that I am a fan of Chaeyoung's since I like rap and english songs and she got an annoyed face when I said that to Chaeyoung. I teased her a little bit and then she ended up hugging me again out of excitement.

We had dinner all together and they informed me that they changed their sleeping beds so that I could sleep at the same room with Nayeon for as long as I am here.

"You guys didn't have to do that, I can find myself comfortable on the couch" I said.

"Yeah but Nayeon unnie insisted." Dahyun said playfully and everyone said "ooooooooooooh" teasingly. Nayeon went completely red and I just laughed.

When we were in our room, after putting some things away, me and Nayeon were thinking of watching a sad movie. We were doing this as a competition in which the loser is the one who has cried the most, and it has always been Nayeon so far.

"How about we watch a horror movie this time?" She suggested and I was suprised because she hates horror movies.

"But you will lose for sure in this one, I know you hate them." I said still suprised that she suggested something like that.

"Yes but you love them. You have seen a romantic movie with me before even though you hate them so its time for me to repay the favor." She said and I accepted the offer since I love horror movies and the idea of Nayeon getting scared during the jump scares.

The movie didn't even start and Nayeon was already wrapped around my hand ready to face any scary scene. During the punchline she got really scared, and I started to worry because she looked like she was about to cry. I felt like I needed to do something for that so I just held her hand and wrapped my finger around it. She looked at me suprised and I pretended that I was focused on the movie but in reality my heartbeat was going crazy. After a few seconds her finger started moving again, imitating my action.

When the movie was over I realised that Nayeon was asleep on my shoulder, still holding my hand. I couldnt help but stare at her, I loved every second of this moment.

It felt like I was staring at her for hours until I also fell asleep next to her.

That night I realised, that it wasn't our busy lives that changed our friendship between us, but it was the feelings that we hide for each other.