9.Strive To Success

N I N E

"You know you can stay here a long as you need to." Aerin sat on the couch next to me. "My mama loves you, so I'm pretty sure she won't mind."

"Thanks Aerin." I muttered, still in a daze.

How could she just abandoned me? Her only child. She just left without no remorse. "The neighbors kids." She spoke as she felt...she didn't care.

"I'll be back." I got up, walking to the door I turned around looking back at Aerin. "I love you." I opened the door walking out.

Where was I going? I really don't know, but what I do know is this situation is either going to make or break me. I'll be damn if it breaks me.

Five Months Later

I popped my head up of the table from my slumber, as Ms.Clark slammed her hand down.

"Negative four! The answer is negative four."

"That is correct Ms.Evans!" She walked away.

Wiping the slob off of my face, I closed my eyes again trying to wake myself. Looking over at Ryan he mouth to me asking if I was okay. Nodding my head yes signaling that I was good,  he nodded, focusing back on Ms.Clark.

"Page 67 is homework, I want it done and turned in tomorrow morn-" The bell rung cutting her off. "-ing!! Class dismissed except for Ms.Evan!"

Sighing as I packed up, I hung my head ready for whatever that was about to come. Grabbing my bag I walked up to her desk, sitting on the table in front of her I awaited.

"Jhonni this is the third time." She sound so disappointed.

"I know and I'm so sorry. I'm just so tired between work and school."

"That's not an excuse." She sat back in her chair, looking at me as if she was my mother.

"I know, I'm sorry." I looked down at my dirty black converses.

"Stop being sorry, and try to stay awake okay?"

"Yes ma'am." I looked up at her.

"Alright you can go." She nodded her head towards the door.

Jumping down from the table I start walking to the exit.

"Jhonni.." I stopped walking and turned my head her way. "Don't forget to ever use my number, I'm always here if you need anything."

"I won't, see you later Ms.Clark." I waved walking out the classroom.

"What took you so long?" Aerin was waiting at my locker as always during lunch.

"Was talkin' to my second mom fam." I open my locker grabbing my wallet. "Wanna go of campus and get lunch? My treat." I smiled.

"Sure." She shrugged, shutting my locker for me. "What Ms.Clark say?"

"To stay awake in class." I said nonchalantly.

"I told you, you need to stop workin' the night shift. Now look at you, lucky it's Ms.Clark, cause if it was any other teacher they'll give you ISS." Aerin began to start lecturing me.

"Well they'll be doing me a favor, catch up on some z's in there." I shrugged.

"Shut up!" She laughed. "Where we goin'?" She unlocked the door.

"Let's go get some ruff ruff, meow!" I try sounding like a dog and cat.

"I hate you" Aerin busted out laughing, making me.