Chapter 25: Dying?

~Angel's POV~
I woke up and saw worried faces all around me "How are you feeling." Dan gave me a warm smile "I'm fine. I'm feeling better. Sorry for worrying all of you." They smiled "It's ok. We're just glad that you're ok." I tried getting up but I couldn't. My body ached and my head started pounding "You don't look good Angel." Dan checked my forehead to see if I had a fever and I did "You have a fever. You should get some rest. I'll go get you a wet cloth to cool the fever down." "But Dan I-" "No buts." I giggled when he said the word buts "You said buts." I giggled again and laid back down. "Angel, are you sure you're ok?" Leonids piped up "I'm fine Leo... Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. That battle just beat me up a bit. Every time that I battle, I feel a pulsation in my chest from my bakugan body. It's like my bakugan body is ripping apart inside of me. I don't think I have that much time left..." Leo saddened "What do you mean you don't have much time left. Angel, what haven't you been telling me. Tell me now!" Leonids was angry and I decided to tell him "I'm dying Leo. I can't control my bakugan body anymore. But, if I make Dan use me in battle and my bakugan body does evolve, I might have a higher chance of living. Otherwise, I may only have a year left to live.." "Why didn't you tell me this!" Dan had walked back in and heard everything "Angel you're- you're dying?" Tears ran down Dan's face. "Yes Dan.. I am. But, if you use me in battle, my bakugan form will evolve and I might have a higher chance of living." "Then it's settled. The next time I battle, I'll use you." I nodded "Sounds good." Later that day, we all decided to watch a movie in Marucho's movie theatre. "Angel, how are you feeling." Runo gave me a warm smile "I'm feeling ok... I have to tell you guys something." "What is it." They we're all confused "It's hard to say but I'm- I'm dying... Well, my Bakugan body is.." "Why didn't you tell us before." Julie, Runo and Mira then hugged me "I just didn't know how to tell you guys." "Does Dan know?" "Yes, he does. He over heard me and Leonids talking. I don't want to die you guys.." Shun then over heard us talking "Is everything ok?" Shun looked at me and gave me a look "Everything's fine." "You sure?" "Yes I'm sure." I looked the other way. Shun then got up came up to me and grabbed my arm "Where are we going." "You'll find out soon enough." He took me out of the theatre. "Ok Angel. Spill. What's really going on. You know you can tell me." I sighed "Fine, I'll tell you. I'm slowly dying Shun. I can't control my bakugan body anymore and I only a year left to live." Shun face turned from an angry look to a remorseful look "I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything we can do?" "There's one thing. Dan has to use me in battle when we battle the Vexos. My bakugan form will evolve and I'll have a higher chance of living. I already told the girls about this and Dan found out about this when he over heard me and Leonids talking." Shun sighed "I'll tell Ace, Marucho and Baron so you don't have to." "Thanks Shun." I hugged him tightly "You're welcome Angel."