Chapter 33: The Alternative

"D-Dan..?" "Angel! I'm so glad you're ok. I have some bad news. The Vexos have created something called the alternative and are coming here to retrieve that data that we received." I sighed "That doesn't sound good. We got to prepare for them now." Later that day, we caught Shadow by surprise "You won't get away with this Shadow. You do know that right?" I smirked. We started to fight Shadow and I got thrown back "I can't believe you had the nerve to hit me." I then tackled Shadow into the wall "You get him Angel!" Dan smiled. Mylene then came in with Mira and she had a laser to her throat. Keith gave in to giving the data but then I realized that he was taking Shadow and Mylene to interspace. Keith and Mira battled Mylene and Shadow. At the end of the battle Mylene threw something and the battle field started to collapse. Keith wanted to save Mylene and Shadow but it was too late. He couldn't save them. "So that's it? They're gone?" Keith sighed "I'm afraid so.." I coughed weakly but stayed stable. We took a break and decided to all get some rest. The next day, Runo and the girls made cake to celebrate Keith joining us. "Aww. This is so sweet." I smiled at Keith "It is. Thanks guys." Dan had the idea of storming the mother palace instead of waiting for the alternative to finish. "At first light!" Shun piped up "Sounds like an awesome plan." We all then ate cake and went to bed. I had a good feeling that Keith wasn't going to wait so I decided to go see him in his room. "I'm coming with you Keith. I know that you're going to storm the mother place by yourself but I want in. Gus is still alive. I just know it." "You think so? I hope you're right. Let's go then." I grabbed my gauntlet and Leonids and went into Keith's ship "Next stop, the mother palace!" Keith smiled and we left for the mother palace. When we got to it, Keith stormed his ship right into it.