28: Please Come Home For Christmas

(Not based on the song)

I was trying not to cry. In front of my family, my friends. I had bitten the inside of my cheek multiple times until I tasted blood. Cody wasn't coming home. What was the point in going around the house and telling everyone about Cody now that he wasn't coming home? I was furious, stuck in (YHT) [your home town] without Cody. He promised he'd make it here to meet my parents and family well- it wasn't exactly his fault. He was stuck at the airport in New York after an incoming storm produced snow which caused the planes to delay. No one was landing or taking off anytime soon.

"Hey babe." I say into my phone picking it up before the second ring.

"Hey YN" he said sounding tired. I grabbed my jacket and walked outside on the back porch.

"How's NYC?" I ask.

"Cold. YN I know you want we there but I don't think I'm going to make it. They haven't canceled my flight but the snowstorm is supposed to get worse over night."

"Cody.." I whine looking into the window watching as my family was laughing.

"I know baby, I know."

"How's (YHT)?" He asked.

"Fine I guess." I say saddened. He seemed to know and sighed my name as I heard over the phone someone was announcing.

"I'll either be there or at home okay?"

"Your going to make me get on a plane by myself again?"

"I'm so sorry YN, I gotta go. I love you."

"Love you too." I mumbled into the phone before the line went dead.

I walked back in the house after a few minutes before walking straight to my room.

"Where are you going?" My mother asked and all eyes seemed to be on me.

"I'm tired, I'll see y'all tomorrow. Night." I say quietly. Inside my room I shut the door and let out the breath I was holding.

"Please come home for Christmas Cody." I said into my pillow sobbing.

_____

It was Christmas morning, the kids woke everyone up early and all my family piled into the living room to open gifts. I opened mine getting makeup, and fuzzy socks, which I wanted. The door bell rang and my mother told me to get it as she was talking pictures of her sisters and their kids.

I opened the door and gasped, engulfing the smiling boy into a hug.

"Your here."

"I told you I would be." He said pecking my lips. "There was a break and I paid extra for another ticket."

"You didn't have to."

"I wanted too! I couldn't just leave my girl feeling down at Christmas!" He said and I smiled pulling him in and he intertwined our fingers.

"Ignore my family," I say first and foremost. "They're crazy." I say in seriousness and he just laughed as I dragged him down the hall to the living room.

"Mom, Dad, this is Cody." I say as they stand up to greet him.

"Sorry I'm so late.." he said hugging my mothers and shaking my father's hand.