I. In Candescense

"Everytime I walk by him, he just,-" Lance stopped midsentence, rubbing his temples. "-he's just so.. goddamn, what is wrong with me..." The last few days, with no mission to keep him busy, Lance wouldn't shut his mouth about the Red Paladin. Everything he said or did was somehow connected to Keith, Keith this, Keith that, Keith told me this, Keith said that, and Pidge was so, very tired of his (not very) mutual pining.
She straightened her glasses, taking in Lance's pitiful state. He looked at her with vulnerable eyes, as if she could fix his problematic "obsession".
Pidge's wall of 'Klance' proof, as she called the ship, had several photos, that she had sneakily taken with her phone, like the time that Lance fell asleep on Keith while watching a movie, and the whole crew took a selfie with them, and made fun for a month, or the time they'd held hands unintentionally when they defeated Sendak, or this, or that... let's just say Pidge had a lot of proof. And now that Lance was actually falling for Keith, she did her best to hide her excitement, even though everyone else on the ship was clearly ecstatic and ready to plan dates fromt the start.
"You, my sir," she finally exclaimed, very sarcastically, escaping from her thoughts. "-are head over heels for the Mullet."
He sighed. "Carve those words on my gravestone, Pidge." He threw his hands up and leaned back in his chair. "What is the team going to think when I have to tell them I've fallen for my 'playful rival?' What is-" his eyes widened and he jumped. "What is Keith going to think?! What if he finds out?! Fuck, Pidge!" He said, doing a double-take and slapping his forhead with the back of his wrist.

"Man. You really do like him, huh?"

Lance rolled his eyes dramatically. "You have no idea. Actually," he stopped, acknowledging his words. "I had no idea until like two weeks ago."
Pidge laughed and turned back to her computer, not bothering to do anything else but smirk to herself from behind her glasses when she heard the door open, as Keith entered the room about two minutes later. He smiled at Lance, who, in return, shot him a typical shit-eating grin. "Hey Lance." He started. "Wanna spar later? I need a partner, and well, I figured that we could hang out and stuff, and sparring is fun, so like-" Lance seemed to melt before composing himself. "Yeah, sure! Totally! You got it!" He squeaked, turning bright red and giving the cheesiest, gayest thumbs-up Pidge had ever seen. She just rolled her eyes. "Get ready, Mullet," Lance smirked, trying to remain his actual skin color. "I'm gonna kick your Samurai ass!"
Keith just laughed. "Whatever you gotta say, Lance." And after brief eye contact, he stepped out of the doorway, walking down the corridors.
"Fuck." Lance said simply, once Keith was out of earshot. He slumped over.
Pidge turned and snickered, typing away on her phone.
"Fuck indeed."

Send to: Shiro, Hunk, Allura

Pidge: you gUYS
Pidge: It's LANCE
Pidge: HE LIKES KEITH HE TOLD ME
Hunk: wHAT
Allura: Yay!
Hunk: I kNEW IT
Shiro: good god
Pidge: BUT IT GETS BETTER
Pidge: KEITH INVITED LANCE TO 'spar and hang out' LATER
Hunk: WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING
Shiro: we shouldn't bother them
Shiro: Let them figure this stuff out on their own
Pidge: ok dad sure
Pidge: none of us will forget the talk you gave us

Pidge shuddered, remembering the terrible evening that left everyone completely flustered and very, very uncomfortable. Shiro had that day decided to give the 'maturing teenagers', as he called them, 'an educational talk about feelings and your young, changing bodies.'
"Well, I.. since we're living together now, it's okay to develop... feelings, if you will, for another person, or even another paladin," He addressed the terrified group awkwardly. "And, well, your body is changing, and-"
By that time, Keith and Hunk ran out the door screaming, and Lance, along with Pidge, were plugging their ears, shouting over Shiro.

Hunk: plz don't bring that up i have so many nightmares
Pidge: sorry sorry
Pidge: but sHIRO PLEASE DON'T YOU WANT TO GET IN ON THIS
Shiro: well...
Allura: I'm in.
Shiro: Allura you're NOT helping
Allura: What? Besides, I think they'd be cute together, as we've all agreed in the past, and it would be good for Voltron, I believe.
Pidge: PLEASE DAD
Hunk: PLEEEASE
Allura: Come on Shiro! Lighten up!
Shiro: ...
Shiro: fine.
Pidge: YAYAYAYAY
Hunk: YESSS
Allura: That's the spirit!
Pidge: okay, so I think Lance is in his room getting changed now
Pidge: and Keith is probably doing the same
Pidge: so we need a plan
Pidge: meet me in the control room
Shiro: oh no
Hunk: LETS DO THIS
Shiro: oh no
Hunk: OPERATION KLANCE IS A GO
Shiro: oh no
Pidge: oh yes

Pidge smiled.
Oh yes.