XXVII. Hide and Freak

"Pass the salt, babe."

The entire table froze.
Everybody but Lance looked at Keith, who promptly passed the salt and coughed.

"Lance, what the fuck-" Keith hissed in his ear, aware of the other five residents of the castle staring at him.

"What? I- oh, shit.." he covered his eyes with his hands. "It was an accident, I'm so so so sorry, ah, fuck-"

Pidge burst out into laughter.
"Did anyone else just see that, or am I living in a fantasy?"

Shiro coughed and put his fork down.

"I'm so sorry, it was an accident-" Lance whispered over and over again, while Keith slammed his head onto the table.

"You guys are so stupid." Pidge snorted.

"We are not dating. Not." Keith paused. "Coran, stop looking at me like that."

That Altean man raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we're not dating, I swear." Lance lowered his voice into a whisper. "Unlike some people."

Hunk looked down.

"Oh my gosh! You two are dating now! I knew that advice I have you would be good, Pidge!" Allura giggled.

"She knows too?!" Lance pointed to the princess.

Shiro turned his head, confused.
"How does everyone know this but me?"

"It's not a big deal." Pidge snarled. "It's not even real- oh fuck!" She slapped her hand over her mouth, realizing what she just said.

Hunk glared at her.
"What?!"

"Keith. Help me." She hissed.

"Wait, what does Keith have to do with this?" Lance gasped.
"This is about being-"

Keith threw a hand over his mouth.
"Shut. Up."

Shiro stood up.
"About being what, Keith?"

Pidge tried to cover him.
"About being.. gay! Yeah, he's gay!"

Coran sighed.
"We know that already."
The table agreed.

"Wow. Thanks, guys." Keith muttered sarcastically.

"Do you want to say something?" Shiro stood over the table, glaring at Keith.

"Is this about Keith being Gal- oh fuck, I really can't take a hint- nevermind. Fuck."

Shiro put his hand down on the table.
"Everybody stop cursing! Since you've already interuppted our perfectly nice dinner, why don't you tell us what Keith is hiding, Lance?"

Lance sputtered.
"I don't k-know."

Coran ended the silence.

"Is Keith pregnant?"

"Oh my God." Keith laid his head on Lance's shoulder in defeat.

"He's not pregnant, Coran." Shiro assured the older man.
"Right?" He glared at Keith.

"How the hell-"

"Language!"

"-heck could I be pregnant? I'm a guy!"

"Enough about Keith's fake baby!" Hunk interrupted. "Pidge, did you say our relationship is fake?!"

"No, that's not what I-"

"You don't even like me, do you?!"

"..yes, of c-course I do."

"Liar!"

Allura interrupted him.
"Pidge, when you talked to me, you were very... confrontational. Like you were hiding something. What's going on?"

"Yeah, what's going on?!" Shiro demanded.

Pidge looked at Keith desperately. He nodded reluctantly.

"Fine. If you really want to know." She sighed.
"Keith is half-Galran."

"Wait, she knows too?!" Lance stuttered.

"She found out after you ran out that night."

Shiro gasped. "Wait, you two were together?! Alone?! At night?!"

"Shiro, we didn't do anything like that, oh my God-"

"So he is pregnant?"

"Coran!"

"Keith is half-Galran?!" Allura growled. "Get out of my castle!"

Hunk spoke up. "Allura, we're in the middle of space-"

"There will not be even a trace of Galran in my castle."

"You wouldn't have even known if Pidge hadn't told you!" Lance defended Keith, jabbing a finger at her stomach.

"Stop. Everyone. Stop." Shiro silenced the group.
"Keith, how do Pidge and Lance know?"

Keith took a shaky breath.
"I left my jacket upstairs in the observatory, and Lance was going to bring it down to me, and then he figured it out-"

"How?"

"Shiro! Oh my God! Chill!" Pidge interuppted him.
"And no, they were not doing anything nasty. That's not the kind of relationship they have. Trust me when I say it's a very, very slow build."

"And then-" Keith continued. "I went to Pidge after Lance ran away from me and she helped me." When he saw everyone's worried looks, he raised his hands.
"I didn't want to tell you guys because all of-" he gestured aroumd the room. "-this would happen."

Hunk ignored him and turned to Pidge.
"So you never actually liked me? You were just covering for Keith?"

"No-"

"So you just messed with me to help him? Is that all it is? A joke?!"

"Hunk-"

"You've changed, Pidge. You're not the person I used to know. The Pidge I know actually cares about her friends and their feelings."
He dragged his feet out of the kitchen.

Pidge flopped down into the chair and put her head in her hands, unaware that everyone but Hunk was simply taking in all that just  happened in the past three minutes.

"You all fight like a bunch of teenage girls!" Shiro growled, shaking his head. Allura just glared at Keith, who stood close to Lance.

"Pidge is a teenage girl."

"Keith, I will-"

"-wait, so Keith's expecting?"

"Coran!"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was the most fun thing to write ever it was so funny to read through

Thanks for enjoying my chapters and leaving super nice comments, you have no idea how much they make my day <3
Anyways, there's going to be some juicy stuff going down (cough another mission cough) in the next few chapters so stay tuned!!1!

Enjoy this for now :)