IV. Entangled and Interlaced

Lance quietly closed his bedroom door behind him, breathing heavily with the biggest grin on his face.
Keith.. kissed him! He didn't even do anything.. and he kissed him! On the lips!
Lance was totally okay with Keith saying that they were just staying friends, though, despite all his cute fantasies. He didn't want to be in a relationship, and found that, often, just being really good friends for a while always helped to make long-term relationships, and he was fairly sure Keith felt the same way.
It meant something to Keith like it did to Lance, right? I mean, after all, Keith had kissed him, and invited him to spar. And Keith never really ever displayed feelings, so if he did do something as extravagant as a kiss, it HAD to mean something.
Sighing happily, too lazy to get up from his new relaxing position on his bed, Lance pulled out his phone as he heard a ding.

Pidge: hey hoes I'm sorry
Lance: aww that's the kindest thing you've ever said
Keith: Pidge is in the holiday spirit
Pidge: kk yeah yeah whatever
Pidge: just tell me about the kiss
Keith: there it is
Lance: i hate you
Pidge: I'm taking this to the gc
Lance: i will slice you in half you better not
[Pidge went offline]
Keith: and she's gone.
Keith: kms
Lance: same

Send to: Shiro, Hunk, Allura, Lance, Keith
Pidge: hey my hoes
Shiro: why
Pidge: also aLLURA
Pidge: I'M TRULY SORRY
Pidge: US GIRLS GOTTA STICK TOGETHER
Allura: thank you Pidge! I'm sorry too <3
Keith: aw
Lance: friendship
Shiro: hello you two!
Lance: PIDGE FORCED US TO COME
Keith: TRUE SHE DID
Pidge: pfft no
Allura: I'm glad everyone's getting along
Pidge: yeah yeah ok just tell me about the kiss
Lance: kys
Shiro: PIDGE leave them alone
Lance: listen to Space Dad
Keith: NOTHING'S GOING ON PIDGE CHILL
Lance: thank you Keith
Pidge: aww supportive boyfriends
Lance: kys
Keith: kms
Allura: I'm confused. Who kissed who?
Lance: PRINCESS WHY
Pidge: AHAAHAH
Shiro: good god
Keith: PLZ STOP NOTHING HAPPENED
Lance: its pointless
Lance: ok so this is what happened
[Lance went offline]
Pidge: dammit Lance
Keith: sorry gtg
[Keith went offline]
Pidge: SHIT NOOOO
Shiro: Pidge, Allura, I suggest you leave those two alone for now. They're not going to day anything.
Allura: I know, we lost their trust. But we'll get it back! Who's up for round two of 'Operation Klance'?
Pidge: FUCK YES
[Shiro went offline]

"Hey Keith!" A voice startled him as he looked up from his phone. Keith looked up to see Lance's head peeking from behind the door, and his mood instantly lightened. "Lance!"
At Keith's happy greeting, and apparent good mood, Lance felt giddy, glad that he was happy, and not awkward, like he had expected their sutuation to be. "Hunk made everyone cookies. He wanted to let you know so you could have some."
Keith thought for a moment. "Cookies actually sound really good right now. I'm coming." He jumped out of bed and followed Lance out of his room, and down the hall to the dining hall.
As they talked on the way to the cookies, it felt as if nothing had changed, except for the constant butterflies in both their stomachs. The two paladins laughed like no kiss ever occurred, and, if anything, the kiss only helped their friendship, which Keith and Lance were quite grateful for.
Too busy talking to notice, Keith and Lance had walked right into Pidge and Allura's homemade trap. As soon as they entered the room, Hunk raced out the door, slamming and locking it behind him. Realizing what was going on, Keith and Lance began to panic, but before they could do anything to help themselves, Pidge knocked both of them over, creating a paladin sandwich.
"Why... do you do this.." Lance muttered, squished beneath Keith. "Get off, please."
"Ah, sorry." Keith quickly jumped to his feet and helped Lance up, and they brushed themselves off as Pidge began to talk, her voice clear and projected.
"Lance and Keith, Keith and Lance," she paused, smirking. "Klance, if you will-"
"I won't." Keith murmured.
"Shut up." Pidge threatened, before pushing up her glasses to continue.
"Keith and Lance, I think you both know why you were called here today, and-"
"We weren't called here!" Lance threw his hands up before sitting in the chair across from Pidge, next to Keith. "We came for cookies! This isn't fucking cookies, now is it, Pidge?! Can you just leave me alone? Leave us alone!? It's not funny anymore, in fact, it wasn't from the start!" Keith nodded in agreement, obviously angry.
She paused pretending to think about it. "Not until you tell us what happened!" She gestured to herself and Allura. "We don't appreciate all the secrets you two are keeping!"
"How many times do I have to say it, there is NOTHING GOING ON! Sure, I might've," Keith paused, swallowing. "-kissed Lance, but.. I-uh.."
Lance looked at him confused.
"Ha!" Allura chanted, standing up to point accusingly at Keith. "It did really mean something to you! We knew it!" She high-fived Pidge, the two girls cackling like birds.
Lance looked really red and really, really frustrated. "Stop!" He yelled, slamming his hands down onto the table. Keith stood next to him, arms crossed.
"You can't just march in here, lock us in with you, and expect us to tell you anything! Lord knows what you'll do with it!" He stopped, and met Keith's eyes. "Obviously," he said softer. "It meant something to Keith. And.. it meant a lot to me too." He paused, and Keith smiled wide. "But that doesn't make it okay. We need privacy, and nothing is going to change anything. We are not in a relationship, or anything of the sort."
Pidge, feeling guilty, softened her tone. "Well, it's clear that you enjoyed the kiss, Lance."
"I'm leaving."
"No, wait, Lance-
The door slammed closed.
Keith, realizing he was the only one here, began to back up towards the door.
"Keith, wait."