XXXII. The Consequences of Acting Before Thinking

Without saying a single word to Coran or Allura, the five paladins of Voltron stepped into their lions and disappeared into space.
And as they silently followed each other through the endless sky of dimming stars, the same thing was running through all of their minds, though no one was brave enough to even think about expressing it aloud.

Where are we going?

As much as they hated Allura, Voltron sort of depended on her, Coran, and the castle.
Now they had no supplies, no rooms, no ship.
The only thing they really had was each other, and God, that was even worse than being alone sometimes.

Maybe Arus was a welcoming place to temporarily stay; after all, they had saved the entire planet. The king said it himself. But Arus wasn't a safe place. Galrans probably scoured the landscape, looking for evidence of Voltron and where they went.

Anywhere in the Milky Way was an obvious no.
You know why.

Not to mention, the paladins really haven't landed anywhere or fought seriously in a while. The Galra has been purposefully staying out of the way, and every time the paladins try to stop the Galra, they're gone before the five can even get there.
It's so very frustrating, and because they haven't been out there, and fighting lately, they're rusty with their bayards (even with all the training) and they have no idea what's been destroyed.

The Galra could have sucked the quintessence out of every planet in this quarter of the universe for all they know.

But the worst thing about not being able to fight the Galra is that the paladins are left with each other.
You're reading this right now! Obviously, you know how much drama apparently comes up between three teenage boys, a girl, and their father!
It's a mess.
Pidge and Hunk.
Lance and Keith.
Everything's going downhill, and now that they're alone, they have to face it!
I mean, at this rate, the paladins will destroy each other before the Galra even finds them.
And they know they will.

Getting into this mess was way easier than being in it.

"Pidge. We can't do this."

"Shut up and trust me."

Shiro sighed. "That is exactly what Keith says to me right before he does something stupid, so no, I am definitely not going to shut up and trust you."

The green paladin turned on him, and back to the elevator that ran down and into her hangar.
"We can't stay, Shiro."

"Allura probably didn't mean it like that."

"You're defending Allura!? After all she's done to  us? To Keith?!"

"You need to sit and think. Where are we going to go?"

"Away." She growled. "We're getting away."

Problems. Problems. Problems.

And now they're here.
Nowhere to go.
No beds.
No extra clothes.
No supplies.
Nothing. They just left.
Just flying out in the middle of space, listening to Hunk's depressing jokes over the intercom because Lance was too sad to make his own.

"Getting away" isn't exactly what Pidge thought it would be.
Not at all.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Transitions!