III. Arcane

"Alright, team!" Allura said cheerfully, now in the room with Hunk, Shiro and Pidge. "Success! Now we just wait for the magic to happen!"
Shiro placed his hand onto the security code, and 12 cameras popped up into view. Zooming into the training deck cam with two fingers, he clicked the camera screen, and it expanded into a larger size, so everyone was able to see.
"Turn up the volume," Pidge whispered. "I think it's that knob on the left."
Again, Shiro swiftly turned the knob until Keith and Lance's conversation came into tunability for the four spies.
".. and so my mom used to.." Lance's words sparred across Pidge's eardrums, slightly reflecting off the dull screen.
Spying like this reminded her of how she used to sneak into the Garrison, trying to figure out what happened to Matt and her Dad. Before she was Pidge Gunderson, she was Katie Holt, future flyer and explorer of the universe. Now, not only did she lose them, her mom was now alone, thinking that her only family member left, her daughter, was dead. Sacrifices were made for Voltron, Pidge knew, and she had to be strong. She would find her dad and brother. She wasn't leaving without them.
Suddenly, when Pidge was lost in her own train of thought, static-ish sobbing fought it's way into her small ears.
"Is Lance crying?!" She said in disbelief, as she looked at the screen to find Lance's head in his hands, shoulders shaking.
"What?" Hunk started. "I don't get it? Lance never-"
Shiro, Allura, Pidge, and Hunk looked very intently at the screen, in complete silence, as Keith lifted Lance's face from his hands and kissed him softly.

Lance stiffened at Keith's touch, and even though the kiss only lasted for a second, Lance felt like he could fight a million fleets of Galra soldiers, maybe even Zarkon himself. His heart raced so fast, he thought he was going to combust, and when they parted, Lance couldn't stop smiling, like the maniac he was.
"Thanks?" He said, laughing.
Keith turned red, and laughed too, smiling at Lance. "Let's actually spar now, shall we?"

Pidge became deaf from Allura's excited screeches, echoing at the back of her ear.
"They- they kissed!" Pidge and Allura jumped up and down, clapping, while Shiro and Hunk looked on in disbelief.
"He kissed... Lance?!"
"Out of all of us, they're like the last people to get together!"
Pidge silenced them. "Whatever. They seem really nonchalant about it, so we CAN'T say anything. I think they already thought we were spying on them, and it will only confirm it." She threw her hands up. "They'll never forgive us if they find out we saw!"
Hunk sat down on the floor, anxious.
"Do you think it'll change anything between them, or between the red and blue lions themselves?"
Shiro gripped his shoulder reassuringly. "Look at them now, Hunk." He said, gesturing to the screen. "It looks like all they did was have a good laugh. They're sparring, talking, and having fun like normal. They just seem... happier. Even Lance, who was crying a second ago. Obviously, this is good for the both of them."
"It does seem like they're just better friends." Hunk slowly complied.
"Exactly." Allura smiled, flipping the switch, watching the security cameras fade away. "I think it's more of a distraction-for-Lances-homesickness kind of kiss, but I still think it meant something to both of them." She shuddered. "It's nice, but.. weird to think about."
"Even if they do get into a relationship," Pidge intervened, "Keith and Lance are such good friends that I doubt anything will change. They're definitely not-" she wrinkled her nose. "-the 'affection' types."
"Hhhhmm, how am I not supposed to say anything?! How are we supposed to keep this a secret?!"
"Relax, Princess." Shiro chided. "They're kinda oblivious, so.."
Everyone laughed, and started to head back to the dining hall. Pidge prayed that Keith and Lance would blush or something so that she could point it out and get them really flustered. She chuckled to herself. That would make such a great screensaver.
"What's so funny?" Shiro replied to her smile.
"Oh, nothing." She smiled bigger. "Nothing at all."

"Why you smiling so big, Keith? You excited to dig in to your goo or something?" Pidge stifled a laugh, muttering under her breath. All through dinner, while everyone had been talking, Allura and Pidge had been texting each other under the table, taking notice to Keith and Lance's big smiles, spread across their faces. They seemed giddy, though a little on edge, too; they laughed at everything, quite nervous. To Pidge's surprise, Keith and Lance chatted like nothing romantic had even happened. The only thing obviously different was the huge grins on their faces.
Keith went red. "Uh, yeah.." he said awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck.
Allura didn't even look up from her plate as she talked after the long, awkward silence.
"We saw you guys on the security footage this afternoon."
Pidge, Hunk, and Allura looked on in dismay. "Allura!" They all hissed in unison, and while they were angry, Lance and Keith looked utterly petrified. Covering his mouth, Lance turned bright red and wide-eyed, staring at Keith, then back to Allura. Keith, Allura.
Keith slammed his head down onto the table. "Aw, fuck."
"I think what Allura is trying but failing to say is-" Shiro intervened, trying to save himself, "-is that we support-" he gestured towards them. "-whatever is going on."
Keith jumped up. "There's nothing going on! Nothing is going to change! It was just... well... uh-" he ran out of words, looking to Lance for help. "Yeah!" Lance said, standing up next to Keith and grabbing his hand, before awkwardly realizing and letting go. Pidge snickered. "It's all good! It was just one thing, and- I.. it was..." he turned to Keith, shot him a shit-eating grin, and turned back to Pidge while Keith turned even redder, if possible.
"Nothing's going on. We are not going to date; we've just grown closer as friends."
He fell back into his seat. "This is so awkward, I can't." He muttered, arms crossed. Keith just looked at everyone else, pouting, before unintentionally falling back into the same position Lance was in.
"We're sorry for spying guys. We really are." Hunk said apologetically.
"Pfft, I'm not."
"Pidge!"
"I'm just telling the truth!" She said, putting her hands up. "We went through all the shit of 'Operation Klance', and at least we got something out of it."
Lance glared at her. "There's nothing going on, you little shit!" Keith clenched his teeth at her, and the three of them looked quite ready to fight.
"Stop! All of you!" Shiro pushed them away angrily. "Go somewhere you won't cause trouble, Pidge." He dismissed her with a wave. Flipping him off, Pidge stormed out of the room, slamming the door behind her.

Pidge: hey gc
Hunk: heyyy
Shiro: feeling better, Pidge?
Pidge: yes, Dad, chill
Pidge: i need to talk to Lance and Keith tho, I feel bad
Allura: good
Pidge: shut your shit, you're the one who told them
Allura: they dESERVE to know, Pidge!"
Pidge: well now we're fucked so thanks
[Allura has gone offline]
Pidge: i don't need this
[Pidge has gone offline]
Hunk: well
Shiro: this was a terrible idea.