XVIII. Mystery

This is the song that inspired me to do this chapter. Listen to it while you read to get the real idea.
Song: Mystery - Jeris
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Stars shone bright above the glass dome that kept the castle and the outside space seperated. Splashes of purple, blue, black and green illuminated the night, casting deep shadows on the two paladins that stood in the center, watching the sky.
Waiting.
Wondering.
Keith's heart pounded in his chest comfortably as he watched Lance smile at the stars and the planets they flew past.

But his smile was pained.

"Lance?" Keith practically whispered. "Are.. are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, I just.." he looked up. "I miss home."

"I know you do."
He turned back to the stars.
"But remember that we're doing this for your family. We're saving everyone on Earth, and in the rest of the universe." Keith smiled, looking down. "You'll see them soon."

"I hope I do."
He inched closer to Keith, who turned a deep shade of red.

"Isn't this amazing?" He said aloud, plopping down onto the metal ground.

"It really is. How do you find all these hidden things in the castle? First the planets, now this."

"I guess I just like to explore it." He sighed. "This castle is fucking huge, there's so much to see."
Both boys stood up.

Keith laughed, covering his mouth with his hand. He turned to his right to see Lance staring right at him, blue eyes sparkling like he'd just seen a ghost.

"What? Did I do something?" Keith asked, aware of Lance's eyes on him.

Lance looked away, burning. "No-no, nothing." He paused.
"I need to tell you something."

"O-okay.."

Lance grabbed Keith's shoulders and pulled him closer so that they were standing only a few inches apart. Keith's eyes widened in surprise, and Lance loosened his grip slightly.
"I think... I think I.. love you. A lot." He paused before Keith could say anything.
"I-I love how soft your mullet is,"
Keith smiled.
"I love it when you laugh at my stupid jokes."
He swallowed.
"And... and I like how, b-beneath your cold exterior, lies someone who is scared. I like seeing that side of you. Thanks for that."

"L-Lance..." Keith said nothing, but threw his arms around the blue paladin and hugged him tight.
"I.. I love you too."

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Short and sweet
(Also no this isn't where this ends you have to deal with me longer ehehe)
Ok so I was thinking:
If I did a Q & A, would you guys have questions for me to answer? I think it'd be fun, so you can leave some if you want. :3
Also thanks for 20k!! <3