XXVIII. Aesonia

"Seriously? I just admitted I'm the same race as Zarkon and all Shiro cares about is having a nice dinner?" Keith sighed.
"I sure feel loved."

A sour voice came from the other side of the dark couch. "I don't."

"Oh my God! Hunk!" Pidge threw her hands in the air.
"I've said sorry like six hundred and forty four times! Geez! I get you're mad, and you have all the reason in the world to be! But, please!"

The yellow paladin glared at her and stood up, stalking out of the room. Pidge sighed.
"I feel like a jerk."

"That was kind of a jerky thing to do."

"Hey! You're supposed to tell me I'm not a jerk!"

"What?" Lance turned to her. "He liked you a lot and you faked him out. What did you expect, he'd just laugh it off?"

Pidge tapped her knee, frowning.
"You're seriously not helping."

"I-"
The room lit red, and a loud siren echoed through the castle.
"Paladins!" Coran's voice boomed over the intercom. "To the engine room, immediately! This is not a drill!"

"What?! Is Zarkon here!?" Pidge's eyes darted, and she followed Lance out of the room and into the hallways leading to the engine room.

"After what just happened, there's no way we'regoing to be able to get anything done." Keith groaned, racing to catch up to Lance and Pidge.

"The planet below us gave a distress call after they saw our ship in their atmosphere. There's a deadly disease that swept throughout the entire solar system, but Coran did some information and found thay it's only spread through their people's blood types, and not to Alteans or humans, so you all should be fine." She paused.

"We'll still be taking precaution, though." Coran added.

"Pidge, Lance, you two will come down with me to tell the people we received their call. The rest of you will help Coran land the ship, and proceed to get medical and food supplies that Coran will show you to."

"Um, Princess?" Shiro raised his hand. "How do we know this isn't a trap? Last time we received a call we almost lost Lance."

The blue paladin shivered.

"Everything's under control, Shiro," Coran assured him. "We've already assessed that, and these creatures are perfectly gentle and safe."

Hunk's eyes darkened.
"What are they called?"

"The planet's is Aes, and they're the Aesonia people, allies of the Altean and Arusions. Everything will be fine, Hunk. Don't worry."

He frowned. "We are not going to go through any of what happened last time ever again."

Keith nudged Lance.
"I don't trust it."

"Me neither, Keith, but there's nothing we can do. We'll be okay, and this time we're gonna be all together." He muttered. "I believe what the Princess and Coran are saying about the- wait, what are they called?"

Keith frowned. "The Aesonian people."

"Right. Them."

"Sounds shady."

"You're shady."

"Shut up."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mission #2 what?!?!?!?!?!
Sorry for being so inactive, I've been really busy, but now I'm on an okayish schedule :)
Also TY FOR 70K??? I'M????
I love reading your comments they're so funny they make my day
Ily guys thank you for everything