XXX. Moon Taxi

Lance, Pidge, and Allura descended towards the blue-green planet, right near the center of a meadow filled with what looked like Belladonnas (or Nightshade), a poison-to-the-taste, indigo flower.  Dark trees surrounded the meadow, and it reminded Lance of something he visited often back on Earth.
Almost like a...
Like a graveyard.

As they got closer, and the ground became more visible, he could see that there were body parts.

Everywhere.

Misfigured heads littered the flowered ground.
Lungs.
Spleens.
Kidneys.
Body parts.
So many body parts.
There was also holes throughout the meadow, and stone that seemed to have been broken through and thrown all over the place.

But what made Lance want to turn back (Well, besides the HEADS ON THE GROUND)?
Those were human body parts.

Pidge screamed through the intercom, blasting Lance's eardrums.
"Allura! Oh my God, oh my fucking God-"

"Those are human body parts!" Lance shrieked. "Allura, what were you thinking?! These... Eetonians-"

"Aesonians."

'-whatever! The point is, they do something bad to humans, apparently! And do you know what the entirety of Voltron is?! Human!"

Allura sounded nervous. "I-I didn't know they ate humans.."

"No. No. That's not right." Pidge cut her off.
"Nothing just eats humans and leaves their body parts. Besides-" she paused. "There's literally no one, no thing around here."

"Well, they're all sick." The princess swallowed.

The green paladin thought.
"So they're all dead?"

"Y-yes."

"Then why are Keith, Hunk, Shiro, and Coran bringing down supplies? For dead people?"

"I-"

"Wait." Pidge whispered. "Allura, what galaxy are we in?"

She paused.
"Too beaten up to tell, Pidge-"

"No it's not. Use the fucking map."

The princess was silent.
"I believe we're near Kerberos."

"That-"

Lance put his hand over his mouth.
"That's Pluto's moon."

Silence.
Sheer, utter silence.

Welcome to Earth.
Seven billion people, and nobody is the same.
Absolutely nobody.
The most diverse and unique place in the universe.
And after all Lance has traveled around and seen in the universe, he was so glad that he was born human.
God, was he lucky.
The best family in the universe is what he had. His little sisters, brothers, his older ones, too.
His mother, his father, his aunts and his uncles.
His grandparents, godparents, cousins, nieces, nephews.
His friends.
School.
His neighborhood.
The smoothie shop.
The beach.
The pizza place down the road from his house.
Gone.
Everything is gone.
His uncle's brain is laying in a ditch.
Mama McClain was burned alive, her apron disintegrated.
His sister, Laura, was shot by a Galra.
Mauricio was thrown down a gorge.

Scenarios played nonstop in Lance's head as he looked, stared, at the ruins that used to be his home.
There was so much here.
Everything he loved was here.
And now it was gone.

He loves Keith.
He really does.
But to know that Keith's kin did this to Earth?
That love was a little stretched.
He knows it's not his fault.
But right now, there's no one else to blame for what happened except for Keith.
The red paladin didn't have very much on Earth.
Just a shack.
He knew Earth didn't mean a lot to Keith because he'd asked. And Keith had told him.

Keith never asked Lance.
So Lance always told him about his family, because he was anxious for someone to know, for someone to relate.
His neighborhood.
The smoothie shop.
The beach.
The pizza place down the road from his house.

"Allura. This is Earth. This is fucking Earth." Pidge's tears were audible on the headset. "Why would you take us here? How could you-" her voice shook. "-how could you just pretend that this wasn't Earth? Are you stupid? Does the castle orbiting map suddenly not work? Did you not find it funny that you didn't have to use a translator to understand their distress call?" She sobbed.
"Did none of this cross your small fucking mind, Allura, or are you just too focused on us 'succeeding' for your own good that you just decided it doesn't matter if we suffer?!"

Silence.

"I'm not going on this fucking mission!" The green paladin screamed. "I'm not doing this! You did this on purpose, Allura! You took us here! You pretended to not know that this was Earth! You came up with a fake, shitty name for the people so that we would just overlook the meadow filled with fucking human heads!"

"I didn't-"

"You knew, Allura. You fucking knew. And once I get out of this lion, I'm leaving. I'm not coming back. Voltron can be your fucking problem now, because you're nothing but a pretty princess who lies to get her goddamn way." Pidge spat. "Well, defend the universe on your fucking own, princess."

Lance broke down suddenly.
"Everything I had... my f-family... my home, t-the bea-" he sobbed uncontrollably, knocking his helmet off his head and putting his hands to his face and his head in his knees.

"Come on, Lance!" Mauricio chanted. "Come to the beach with me! You can talk to the pretty lifeguard!" He stomped his little foot. "Please..."

"Tell mama, Maur. I'll take you."

Mauricio cheered, jumping up and down and running down the hallways of their home to their mother and father's room.

It didn't stop.

"The Garrison!" Lance's older brother, Leo, ruffled his hair. "Didn't think you were that much of a nerd, baby brother."

"Believe it. I'm going to be the best pilot that school's ever seen."

His mother's eyes shined.
"My baby going to space... are you going to meet an alien girlfriend?"

"Mama!"

Leo laughed.

The helmet crackled on the floor, and he could very faintly hear Pidge calling his name.
He didn't care.

Welcome to Voltron.
Nothing but pain and suffering.
And when you're not?
Well, somebody else is.
And you've got to deal with it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Sorry for not posting yesterday! I had some, well, issues.
Anyways, I'm going to be focusing only on Ardor for now, I'm just too stressed to do anything else but write for you beautiful people.
I love you guys!
(Also this isn't even HALF the angst (huehuehue)