XVII. Cogitation

Pidge plopped herself down onto the sofa, getting a little too close to Keith, who was suddenly very uncomfortable.

"What do you want?" He grumbled, flipping through a sports article that he found on the small table next to the couch.
Pidge stayed silent for a few seconds longer, glaring at the red paladin.

"How long were you awake last night?

"Not late. Why?"

Pidge nodded, raising an eyebrow.

"Were you in the control room?"

Shit.

"No."

"Was Lance awake?"

"If he was, he was in his room. I didn't see him."

"Liar." She said nonchalantly, plopping down further into the couch cushion next to him.
"Keith, I don't know if you don't get this, but if you two get together or something and it doesn't work out, and you guys fight, we're not going to be able to form Voltron. What's-"

"Why are you so worried all of a sudden?" He growled. "And who said I wanted to be with him?"

"Oh, shut up. You can't be in the same room with him without getting all red and stammer-y."

"You got a problem with any of that?"

"I don't, but the lions might!" She sighed. "Listen, I like klance just as much as the next guy, but I'm just asking you to consider what you're doing. If you break up with him or whatever, we're never going to be able to work as a team. Then again," she paused. "If you do become better friends and possibly something more it could help with Voltron." She contemplated to herself, looking up at the ceiling.
"The point is, just.. be careful. I'm not telling you to not go after Lance, but consider what you're doing before you dive right in."

"I'm not going to dive in any time soon, don't worry."

"Consider what you do, okay?"

"Thanks for snooping on my personal life."

"Of course." She pinched his cheeks, crinkling her nose playfully. "So he showed you the planets last night?"

"Yeah." He admitted. There was no point in trying to hide it. "And it was amazing. The galaxies were so pretty, flying around the room."

She smirked. "He thought you were prettier."

He turned red and rolled his eyes.
"Shut up."

"You're like a little kid with a crush."

"It's not a crush."

"Oh, 'it's not a crush' my ass. How long are you gonna keep denying it? I'm not stupid, y'know. Even Shiro guessed, and he's completely oblivious."

"I. Don't. Like. Lance."

"Yes. You. Do." She rolled her eyes.
"I gotta go. Coran and Allura needed help with the particle barrier. Talk to you later."

"Bye Pidge."

As the green paladin walked out of the room, Lance and Hunk stumbled in, laughing all over each other and knocking over a vase in the process. Keith smiled at the sight of the yellow and blue paladin enjoying themselves, and his heart warmed as they grinned at him.

"Hi Keith!" Hunk giggled (yes, giggled), smiling cheerfully.
Lance looked at him too, trying to avert his eyes and look at the ground. "Hey."

"Hey Hunk, Lance."

"Lance, I'm gonna go help with dinner." Hunk said, out of breath. "Catch you guys later."

"See ya, buddy!" Lance said, waving.
Once Hunk disappeared out if the door frame, Lance snapped his eyes to Keith.
"What ya reading?"

"Just looking through a car magazine."

"Ah, cool." Lance said, plopping down on the opposite side of the couch as Keith, who looked away from the page and glanced over the top.

"Do you need something?"

"Wh-what, no.." he stuttered. "I was just wondering if you want to come on the roof with me tonight..."

Keith turned red and buried his nose in the magazine.
"I'll consider it."

"Really?!" Lance almost yelled, jumping out of his seat before backing down and sitting, trying to act 'cool'.
"Okay, sure. I might see you there, then."
He smiled, turning Keith's heart into a melting pot and walking out of the room with a small wave.
Keith fell down onto the couch and sighed.
What an idiot.
A cute idiot.