XV. Afresh

Pidge: has anyone else been noticing how much time Keith has spent with Lance lately
Hunk: are we really doing this again
Shiro: It's probably because Keith is worried. He did see Lance almost shoot himself, after all. He was the one who saved Lance's life.
Pidge: yeah I guess
Pidge: i miss klance
Hunk: don't do it
Pidge: are you thinking what I'm thinking
Hunk: don't do it
Pidge: I'm thinking
Hunk: please no
Pidge: OPERATION KLANCE THE SEQUEL
Hunk: NO
Shiro: NO
Lance: i hope you know I'm literally in this group chat
Lance: and so is Keith
Pidge: lol hi Lance
Lance: Keith
Keith: what
Lance: go offline
Keith: y
Pidge: cute
Lance: ^ that's why
[Keith has gone offline]
[Lance has gone offline]
Pidge: fuck
Pidge: pleaseeeeeeeeeee help me everything's back to normal now
Pidge: its ok to mess with them now because they're not hurt or whatever
Shiro: That doesn't make it okay.
Pidge: um hello you were in the last Klance thing we did remember
Pidge: security cameras
Pidge: fireworks
Hunk: Oh yeah
Pidge: what a shit show
Hunk: true
Shiro: ^^

Pidge turned off her phone and slid it into the back pocket of her shorts, her eyes glowing in the light of her laptop as she sat, scheming her new ideas to mess with her friends (specifically two seventeen year-olds whos ship name rhymes with 'pants'). She really enjoyed joking with people, especially Keith and Lance, and what better way to do it than to show the true gay that lies beneath both of their small, crusty hearts?
At least, that's how Pidge saw it.
She loved Lance and Keith, no doubt; they were her big brothers that weren't lost in space. Lance went out of his way to make her laugh, pranking and dancing with her, lifting her spirits, and Keith helped Pidge search nonstop for her brother and father, comforting her on those lonely nights when she missed them more than usual.
They knew she loved them and all, but God, was it fun to mess with those idiots.
It was easy too.
And as the galaxies began to darken outside the large castle windows, Pidge strolled down the hallways, trying to find the dining hall for a snack.
All these months in this dumb castle, and she was still completely lost.
Just as she rounded a corner, the door next to her flew open, and, startled, she jumped backwards, and out the door walked Keith, Lance, and Coran, heading for the dining hall.
"Hello, Pidge!" Coran said cheerily. "We are headed to the dining hall for some dinner. Care to join us?"
Lance and Keith smiled simultaneously, inviting her to join, and she thanked Coran and followed him down the the dining hall, making sure to give Lance and Keith lots of space.
The walk was sort of long; this castle seemed much bigger on the inside than the outside, hallways spiraling in all directions, and Pidge's mind began to wonder, as it usually did.
"Hey, Coran," Pidge said, curiously while walking next to the Altean man. "Did you and Alfor ever go on adventures together?"
Coran smiled sadly, pulling at the corners of his mustache.
"Ah, yes. We traveled the universe before Allura came along, and even after." He paused, looking at her with soft eyes. "We were very close, in personality and age. Hunk and Lance remind me of Alfor and I, sometimes." He grinned. "I miss it."
"We all do." Pidge said quietly. Lance walked further ahead, and Keith had retired to his room by the time Coran and Pidge made it to the dining hall.
Coran soon left the hall, and only Pidge and Lance remained. While her dinner was heating up in a strange, futuristic microwave, she pulled out her phone.
Pidge: come get dinner
Keith: y
Pidge: i made you some
Keith: ok but eat with me
Pidge: obviously

Pidge smirked and shoved her phone in her back pocket. The buzzer of the microwave went off, and just as she was pulling the space hot-pocket out of it's label, Lance headed for the door. Not thinking, she threw the plate onto the counter and jumped in front of Lance.
"No, wait!" She said, breathing heavily and trying to think of an excuse as fast as she could.
Lance backed up. "I'm going to sleep."
Pidge sighed. "Can you eat in here with me? Please? I don't wanna eat alone, it's boring."

"Then use your phone."

"I stay true to the 'no phones at the table' rule my family used to have." She said, which technically wasn't a lie.

Lance raised an eyebrow. "Okay, fine. But then I'm going to bed."

In midsentence, the door flew open and hit Pidge in the back, sending her stumbling. Keith peered around the door to see Lance with a burrito in his hand, startled, and Pidge on the ground and a burning hot-pocket on the counter.
"Sorry, I didn't know you were standing there."

"Yeah, I can tell," Pidge grumbled, dusting her shirt off as she climbed back to her feet.

Lance glared at Keith, then at Pidge. "Oh, I don't think so." He stalked out of the room, obviously aware of what the green paladin was trying to do.
She sighed, shrugging, and went over to her cooling hot pocket. Keith still stood at the door, dumbfounded.

"Why is he so mad?"

"He's tired."

He yawned. "Did you actually make me food?"

"Uh..."

The red paladin sighed. "I'm going to bed, then." He ruffled her hair. "It's okay if I go, right? You don't mind eating alone?"

"You need rest." She said, not really listening. She was far too focused on her hot pocket and her next plan to get klance to happen for real.

"You do too."

"Goodnight, Keith."

"G'night. Sleep well."