CHAPTER 2

AREESHA'S POV:

I woke up in the morning with this headache due to the crying, I got up from the bed and rushed towards the bathroom to start my daily routine, I looked myself in the mirror, my eyes were swollen and a bit puffy with redness in them and my face was so pale, I was looking like a zombie. I opened the tap and washed my face with chilled water and did my ablution and got out of there to offer my Fajr prayer, after making dua and reciting some verses from Quran, I got up to check on Adil.

He was sleeping with his mouth open and clutching my blanket, I traced my fingers on his eyes and placed my hand on his forehead to check his temperature, but sadly he was still having a fever I kissed his forehead and run my fingers through his soft and silky brown hairs.

"Api! I am hungry, " he said, opening his eyes and stopping a yarn. I smiled at him, he was looking so adorable.

"Assalam O Alikum Adil. Good morning buddy, what do you want for breakfast?" I asked, sitting beside him, "Hmm... what about French toasts just like mama used to make" he said beaming at recalling our mother's cooking.

"Sure buddy anything for you, why don't you go and freshen up I will bring your breakfast up here. Don't come down today, okay! You should rest." I said and walked towards the door.

"Api you sure you will be okay down there, last night Alex was angry, I know he will hurt you" he asked with concern. I smiled at him; I love my brother how he cares for me like this he is just seven years old.

"Don't worry Adil I will be fine, " I said and walked out of the room, before going towards the kitchen I looked around for uncle Javed and Alex. Luckily they were not there so I headed towards the kitchen and start preparing breakfast for Adil, I took out all the ingredients for French toast and start preparing them. After placing them on the tray I took out a milk carton and pour some milk in a pan and made Adil's favorite hot chocolate. I used some of the chocolate, which Alex brought for himself and don't bother to share even with Adil, I remember when I once gave some chocolate loops to Adil without asking Alex, that fiend snatched the bowl away from Adil when he was about to eat them after that he not only scolded Adil, he yells at me as well.

I quietly prepared the hot chocolate for Adil and took the breakfast in my room. When I entered, I saw Adil sitting on my prayer mat making dua. "What are you doing Adil" I asked and placed the tray on my bed.

"I was praying for you Api! I was asking Allah to keep you safe and away from Alex and Uncle." He replied and came to me.

"Oh my little brother... thank you. Look Allah listened to your prayers, both of them were sleeping right now so, I made your favorite hot chocolate for you." I said and handed him his cup.

"You are the best Api.. I really wanted to drink hot chocolate, it's so cold today, " he said and sipped through his cup, "this is delicious! Can I have more... please Api, pretty please" he asked, looking at me with those gorgeous brown eyes.

"Okay, but first finish your French toasts and after that you have to take your medicine." I said, he winced at the mention of medicines, "No, not the medicines Api, look I am perfectly fine" he said jumping up and down. "No excuses, you have to take medicines or I won't give you any more hot chocolate." I said. "Okay, fine" he replied and started eating his breakfast. I got up and started cleaning my room, afterwards I got down satires to prepare breakfast for both men. They both have a big appetite so I have to prepare a large meal for them, while I was preparing breakfast Uncle Javed came into the kitchen.

"I have invited some friends for lunch today, so prepare a very good lunch for them, I don't want any complaints from them, these peoples are very important so keep your brat brother away from the living room understood?" he said in a strict tone.