CHAPTER 20

Sorry for the delay. There was something wrong with my laptop :(

AREESHA'S POV:

We reached haweli after a long drive, Adil fall asleep on my lap, when we enter the town there were few cars parked around the mosque and few men wearing black suits were walking around and asking something to the people there, "I think there is something going on in here," Alex said before I could ask him, "What do you mean?" I asked, " no one ever comes here like this, you see that jaguar parked in front of the mosque?" he asked, pointing towards the black sleek car, there were few black land cruisers parked as well, "Yeah,so what's the big deal?" I asked, "It means there is someone here, no one in this town can afford that expensive car, so be careful and don't take much time, we have to go back as soon as possible," he told me, "Okay, whatever," I said not caring if someone is here or not I came here for my mother, I just wanted go to her grave for the first time.

Alex parked his car near the burned Haweli and we all got out of it and walked to the graveyard where all our ancestors were buried, he led me through the back door which was broken, we enter the graveyard and he showed me my mother's grave, "Why are we here Api?" Adil asked, looking around, "Shhh... don't talk in here," I whispered to him and raised my hands to pray, I recited some verses for my mother and made dua for her, after that Alex motioned me to follow him, I hold Adil's little hand I mine and we left from there, I turned around to look at the grave for the last time when I saw Maaz, "Areesha, come on, we are getting late," Alex said and grab my arm roughly, "Wait Alex! I think I saw Maaz there in grave yard," I said stopping near the tree, Alex laughed and tapped my head with his hand, " Wow! You guys are not even married yet and you are imagining him everywhere, Maaz can't be here, so keep your imaginations in control and come on, we have to reach home before dad," he said and started walking fast.

Maybe he is right, why Maaz will be here? Sure I was hallucinating, I thought and started walking fast after Alex, who was standing next to his car with Adil, we all got in and left from there but when we drive past the mosque I again saw a glimpse of Maaz, "Hey! Alex I saw him again, may be he is the one who is here in this town," I said,

"Areesha for the last time I am saying this shut up! Why in the bloody hell Maaz will be here in this old town? he can't be here," he yelled at me, "Okay fine!" I said and looked outside the window, it was getting dark now, I closed my eyes and leaned back to the seat.

When we reached home uncle Jawed was already in the living room talking to some one on the phone, when we enter he looked up and motion us to come to him, "Dad! I am going to my room," Alex said and walk past me to his room and locked his door, "Areesha!" uncle called me, "Coming" I said and lay sleeping Adil on the nearby sofa, I made sure he was comfortable, then move towards the living room, " Tomorrow is your engagement party, Maaz's grand mother just called me earlier and told me to send you to her till afternoon, so listen carefully,be good to her and try to impress her as much as you can, if she will like you, it will be more easy or me to handle Maaz, we can use his grandmother to handle this tyrant," he said rubbing his hand and I just stared him with shock, how low this man can be? I thought, "Be ready till 11:00 am," he said and I just nodded not wanted to say anything to him, but I was getting nervous now, why this is going to be so soon? I can't make up my mind, this all is going so fast and now this engagement party, I am not ready for it...

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

MAAZ'S POV:

I just returned from the tiring long drive, I got out of the car and stretched my legs and look around, there were my household staff busy doing work, my whole mansion was decorated with lights, even the trees in garden were decorated, I was surprised to see all this so I marched to the front door and as expected the whole interior of mansion was decorated with different flowers, my servants were busy in doing their task, everyone was going here and there in a hurry, I searched for her and saw her standing near the kitchen giving orders, I sauntered towards her, "What's all this Nani ma?" I asked, standing behind her.