CHAPTER 8

AREESHA'S POV:

I am sitting on this cold marble floor of basement with no light, only the darkness, Adil sleeping on my lap, I touched my left cheek and flinched as the pain crept up my body, I looked at Adil he had this huge cut on his hand and luckily now it has stopped to bleed, I had tied my scarf around it to stop the bleeding but I could still remember his cries, I leaned my sore and aching body on the wall and closed my eyes, trying to bear this pain, my eyes are hurting now and I could still feel the stinging at my back and aching in my lower abdomen, I was just feeling pain nothing else, it happened again tonight but this time these monster not just beat me, they also beat Adil.

"I am sorry mama and Baba I couldn't protect Adil from them. I don't know what to do now, I tried what I could, but can't figure out anything, I am lost, there is no way out of this hell hole, Ya Allah Please help me, please show me the right path." I prayed silently, I recall the event when we got home and I was carrying sleeping Adil in my room when Uncle Javed called me from the living room, I strode towards the living room and found both of them drinking,

"Sit" uncle commanded, "Uncle give me five minutes, I will be back in a moment I just have to leave Adil in the room, he is really exhausted and this is not good for his condition, he has not recovered fully yet "I said still holding Adil in my arms. One more thing, I just don't want Adil to be in the same room when they both were drunk so I just need an excuse to get him out of here,

"I said sit" uncle shouted and I sat on the nearby chair, placing sleeping Adil on my lap, he stirs in his sleep but didn't wake up.

"I don't know what the other sees in you! You are pathetic, just a burden to this whole world, nothing else," uncle said and I just sat there quietly waiting for him to come to the point, he always says something like this to me.

"But she is able to allure that billionaire dad" Alex slurred and gulp all the drink in his glass,

"What are you saying Alex?" I asked,

"Don't act innocent, I remember that day when you got off his car and today he didn't avert his gaze from you, he had been staring you all the time" he answered

"I don't know what you are talking about can you please elaborate it," I said, shifting my position on the chair to make Adil more comfortable.

"I am talking about Maaz Jaferi, he had asked your hand in marriage" Alex gritted out, making me froze on my spot.

"Dad, I have promised Uzair, he had given me fifty grands already and I won't let you marry her to that arrogant tyrant, she will get married to Uzair, he is my best friend and I won't let him down." Alex spoke, looking irritated with all this situation.

"Just shut up Alex, you are not the head of this family I am, and if you don't agree with my decisions, there is your way out," he said pointing to the main door,

"Areesha will marry Maaz Jaferi that's it and he wanted wedding in a month, so Areesha prepare yourself for it and don't let me down, understand!" he shouted at both of us, making me wince at his harsh tone.

"I won't return the money to Uzair dad, I want money" Alex yelled, "Throw that money in his face fifty is nothing compared to the amount Maaz has offered to me and I have made a deal with him already, he also had offered me to set up a new industrial unit, don't you know how much it will benefit us." Uncle told us and I just looked at him with my mouth wide open.

"He can't be serious dad; why in the hell he will invest billions on us just for this useless shit? I don't think so, there must be something else in his mind, I am sure of it," Alex said, pointing towards me and pours another drink for him.