CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22:

AREESHA'S POV:

As I was about to step out of the room, Maaz came in front of me and covered my mouth with his large hand and pushed me back into the room and locked the door behind him, I was trying to scream but he tighten his grip on my face making me squirm in pain, I tried to wriggle free from his animalistic grip but he caught me from my waist and slammed my back to the wall behind me, I yelp in pain and stared into his gray eyes which were looking at me darkly, "I know it was you!" he said, coming closer to me, I just kept staring at him with no idea what he was talking about, I knitted my eyebrows in confusion and held his wrist with my hand trying to remove his hand from my face, he let go of me but caged me in by placing both of is hands by my side on the wall, "What are you talking about?" I asked as I touched my cheeks which were terribly hurting right now, "What you are trying to do in the last moments Areesha?" he asked me with anger lacing through his voice, "Will you please elaborate it, I have no idea what you are trying to say," I asked him honestly having no clue abut our conversation, "Trying to change the contract and adding points for your own benefits? Giving half of your wealth which you will inherit after our marriage to your father? I am telling you this Areehsa, after our marriage you will not use single penny of my earned money on your family, I don't care about anything, but my money is not for charity, being my wife you will get half of my legacy along with the other benefits, but if you tried to use it for your family, I am telling you Areesha, you will regret it, you don't know what I am capable of, so try not to offend me or you will face the my wrath," he said harshly.

I just stared at him, not believing what he just said, at this moment I wanted to cry so hard, Uncle tricked me! he got my signatures on the wrong documents and misused it, I clearly remembered that nothing was mentioned in them what Maaz told me just now,but how I can be a fool, I shouldn't have signed anything.

"Are you listening to me!" he shouted and I flinched from his loud tone, "I didn't know anything about this Maaz, I had no idea about it," I mumbled, "You think I am a fool? Your signatures are there on the documents and you are saying you don't know anything about it, your father told me specifically that you agreed on these conditions and wanted to revise the contract of marriage," he told, "No, it's not like that Maaz, he didn't show me the real documents and I don't want any conditions in this marriage, nor I want your money but I need a favor for something, I swear I didn't know anything about this," I said, trying to hold back these traitor tears, Maaz gave me a look, enough for me to understand that he don't believe me, he stared me for a long time making me feel uneasy under his gaze,

"What favor you want from me?" he asked in his deep voice, I glanced at his face, which was totally expressionless, "I want to keep Adil with me after our marriage," I said, "No," he said instantly, "Please Maaz, let me keep him, he.." I pleaded but he cut me in, "I said NO!" he roared loudly and stormed out of the room leaving me behind in this room to compose myself. I tried to fight back the tears which pooled in my eyes, but I wasn't crying this time, it's enough! Every man in my life is taking advantage of me, but this time I won't let them use me, it's enough now. I gathered up my dress and smooth the lines with my hands to remove the wrinkles and adjusted the dupatta on the head and wipe away the smudge lipstick from my lips and quickly applied the nude color gloss and left the room with an idea which Maaz gave me, just wait and watch Mr. Jaferi! And as far as the matter with my uncle, I will deal with him later, let him do what he desires right now, one day my time will come and that day I will prove myself and will gain my identity back.

I stepped out of the room being careful this time and for extra caution I took a small vase in my hands for my safety, i walked down the stairs where I found the same maid who escorted me to the room earlier, standing with her head bowed down, "Assalam O Alikum," I greeted her, she looked at me surprised, "Walikum as Salam Ma'am," she replied, "Can you please tell me where Nani ma is?" I asked her, she nodded and started walking towards the large doors on her left, I quietly followed her and stepped into a huge living room, Nani ma was sitting on a brown leather sofa with Alizeh, they both were discussing something, when they saw me Alizeh stood up and glanced at me, "What happened to you?" she asked, "Nothing," I replied as I view myself in the mirror hanging on my side wall, "Why did you changed your lipstick? If you didn't like it, you could have told me," she said picking up her clutch, "Oh, no Alizeh it's not like that, i mistakenly smudge it and afterwards I couldn't find that same color in the room, so I put on my gloss, which I had in my bag," I replied feeling embarrassed, "Oh come on then, I will apply your lipstick again when we will reach there, come along, we are getting late," she said and helped Nani ma to walk down the hall to the main doors. I trailed behind them slowly as this dress was a bit heavy for me to carry and these high heels were killing me to walk properly, this was the first time in years that I wore them, usually I prefer to wear pumps and sandals but these six inch high heels were definitely not easy to wear and walk.