CHAPTER 40 PART I

MAAZ'S POV:

"So, Adil, are you excited?" I asked Adil, while signaling my driver to move; he nodded and started driving through the parking lot of this café,

"Yup! So much excited I can't believe I am going there, I will work so hard and will enjoy my time there, I will have so many friends and I will tell them about you and your massive achivements Bhai!" he answered while taking a big bite of donut, which I buy on his request, as Areesha do not allow him to have too much sugar, so he requested me to buy him something sweet before we headed towards his boarding school, I just smiled watching him.

"But, Maaz Bhai I am worried for Api, she has suffered enough, I want her to be happy, I always wanted to help her and to protect her from Papa, but she never let me do that, she was always there with me, she kept me safe from him, but I guess I was the biggest weakness of Api, that Papa used against her, I never want that to happen again, I want to be her strength, not weakness, Promise me Maaz Bhai, you will keep her happy, please promise me," Adil said, making me stiffened on my place, What is he talking about, did Jawed hurt them? But why he would do that to his children? I was now confused again, damn! This family is really hard for me to understand.

"Did your father abuse you and Areesha?" I asked him in a low tone, he nodded, making me clench my fist, by the mere thought of that Moron hurting my Areesha! And who in the hell will like to hurt an innocent kid like him, but why he did that? He is their father after all, but what can we expect from that Bastard. Damn! He will have to pay for this as well, but I need to find out the truth very soon.

"Maaz Bhai!" Adil called me out, "Yeah?"

"Are you listening what I am talking?" he asked,

"Would tell me all the details Adil? May be I will help you both with it," I asked him, he stared me for a while then shook his head,

"Sorry Maaz Bhai, I promised Api, that I will never tell this to anyone, I want to keep that promise to her, I don't want to be a bad boy, but why don't you ask Api yourself, I am sure she will tell you everything, Aliyaan Bhai know it and he was trying to help Api as well but I don't know why he hasn't come to meet us, it's been so long," he replied wiping the chocolate from his fingers,

"Aliyaan knows?" I was surprised at this moment, that guy knows about her, even though he is just a friend and I don't have a single clue about it, I am her husband and I don't know a thing about her! Damn!

Because you never intended to know, you were blind to take revenge from her father that you never tried to listen to her you fool! I heard my inner voice, I tightly shut my eyes and recall those moments when she tried to tell me some things about her, but I never let her explain and those bruises and marks I saw on her body that day which made me angry to think about them, I asked her about those marks but she didn't answered me about that, she just lied to me telling that she fall from stairs, I clearly knew he was lying at that time, but I didn't asked her again, I wanted her to tell it by herself, I think it was my stupid ego, that I just didn't care for her.

I was right! She needs me, she needed some help, she is like me, she is a broken soul just like me and I intend to save her, to be a light for her, even though I lost mine, but surely I can help her out with her darkness, to let her fight for herself, I will do anything for her, I thought looking out of the window.

"What are you thinking Bhai?" I heard Adil,

"Nothing, now you should not be worried for your sister from now on, okay, just concentrate on your studies and enjoy your life, I promise I will keep her safe," I said,

"And happy!" he exclaimed, I chuckle, "Yeah and happy too, now come on let's go meet your principle," I said, as driver parked the car and opened my door, I got out of the car and Adil jump right behind me,