Chapter 24

"Do you have your toothbrush?"

"Check" Answers John.

"Your underwear?" You ask skeptically.

This had been a problem on multiple weekend road trips you had taken with John and you didn't want to explain to your Aunt that you and John had to stop at some store so John wouldn't have to go commando for the rest of the trip. That would be a bad introduction.

"Check" He says with a wink.

"Thank god" You say before moving on, "Ticket?"

"Uh huh" He says pulling it out of his back pocket.

"Passport?" You ask and he looks around immediately.

"Shit..." He whispers putting his hand over his mouth

"I have it right here. You left it on my nightstand last night and forgot to grab it this morning before we left to pick up your stuff" You say handing it over to him and he cracks a smile.

"You know me too well" He says giving you a quick kiss.

Today you and John were leaving to spend the Christmas holiday in Cancun. You two were arriving three days before your aunt, uncle, cousin and her husband for some quality time before he met your family.

Then you were staying for another week, until John flew back for the Chili Peppers a show on New Years Eve.

"Ok let's head out" You say picking up one of his bags and bringing them out to the car.

"Thank god, we're finally done with that" Says John a few hours later, after you've both gotten through security. John is currently bopping around the airport terminal and garnering a lot of stares from curious travelers.

"Oh John" You say taking his hand and walking with him to the gate.

Once you get there you have to wait a bit before boarding so you pull out a book and start to read.

A few minutes later you hear John say, "Hey Sami, say hi" You look up and see him holding up a video camera and grinning, "We're going to show this to the guys and Clara" He says and you wave.

"Hello guys and Clara" You say smiling.

"Tell everyone what you're doing right now" He says.

"I'm reading," you say holding up your book, "This book kind of sucks though" You say throwing it down with a laugh.

"Oh well. Samantha tell them where we're going" He says.

"We are going to Cancun because I have the best boyfriend ever and he shares his wealth with me and we go on these amazing trips" You say with laugh.

"Yeah stop mooching off me Sami" He says laughing from behind the camera.

You flip him off and laugh, "Here John let me hold the camera, and I'll interrogate you" You say reaching towards the lens.

You hold it and film john singing acapella to some Elton John songs, the funniest of which was Tiny Dancer because he really got into it and was basically screaming until the whole terminal was staring at him and a security guard had to ask him to "calm himself down".

"That was interesting . . ." You say into the camera after you film the security guard yelling at John. A second later a voice comes over the PA encouraging all first class passengers to board the plane.

You and John grab your carry-ons and hurry over to the desk. You get onto the plane and amuse each other by acting out the different cartoon people in the safety pamphlet.

A couple hours later you have a two-hour layover in Albuquerque, which is probably one of the most boring cities to have a layover in. You and John prop the camera up on a chair so it can film both of you.

"Hey guys, look we're together! Both of us at once!" You say grinning. John wraps his arms around you and pulls you closer to him.

"Yes we are! Yay almost there" He says laughing.

"Well, not really" You add laughing, "We have a layover in Albuquerque. I have never been to Albuquerque before and never really had a desire to come here, and being here is proving that I was correct in that notion" You say and John kisses the top of your head.

"She's being a whiner" He clarifies to the camera.

You then recount the flights events including one passenger who got so drunk she crawled down the aisles trying to bite people's ankles and calling herself a Chihuahua. You then turn off the video camera and get on another plane and are finally on your way to actual Cancùn.

John falls asleep with his head on his shoulder during the flight and you watch him sleep. You love the way his hair falls his face and his small little breaths and the beautiful way his eyelashes fluttered. You shake him awake as you begin descending by giving him a light kiss.

"Baby we're here" You whisper and he smiles up at you, taking your hand in his.

"It's pretty" He yawns looking out the window, "And so are you"

"Awwww," You say sarcastically, "Why didn't we have the camera out for that"