Chapter 35

Thank you guys for all of your votes and comments!! I love seeing what you have to say, especially you guys who comment on almost every chapter (you girls know who you are! i love you :) Also thank you to all the new readers! It means so much when you add me to your reading list, etc! Love you all <3

"Baby, that really looks bad" John says looking down at your swollen wrist with a concerned look in his eyes.

"It's ok, I'm fine—ouch!" You say trying to get up and accidently putting weight on your hurt wrist, "Shit" You mutter sitting back down and cradling your wrist in your other hand.

"Ok, we are going to the emergency room" He says.

"How are we supposed to get there, Dan most likely took my car and you don't drive. Plus on an ironic note, I cannot drive tonight either and your ex-significant other most likely left with your car as well."

"That wouldn't surprise me one bit, to be honest" He says and you laugh darkly.

"So how the fuck am I getting to the hospital?" You ask.

Ten Minutes Later

"Oh my god John" You say feeling yourself blush scarlet as you are loaded onto a stretcher  and into the back of an ambulance as flashing lights and sirens blared all around you, "You could've called ANYONE but you decided to call 911 instead, this is humiliating—I hurt my wrist, I didn't have a stroke!" You say trying to hide your head in your hands but you can't because you're strapped down in a gurney, it was completely mortifying.

"Who else could I have called?" He asks.

"I don't know anyone with a car. You could've called Flea, Anthony, Chad, Lucy, Bob, Loesha... the list goes on and on" You say.

"Oh I guess you're right" He says sheepishly, "Sorry" He says looking down.

"It's fine. Just a little loud that's all" You say reassuringly, "I didn't mean to be so harsh."

"Sir, are you going to be riding with us?" Asks the paramedic.

"Yes. If that's ok with you?" He says looking down at you.

"You're absolutely riding with me. Don't be silly" You say and he grins.

"Great, off we go then" Says the paramedic and John climbs into the back of the truck.

As John gets in you see some paramedics whispering behind their fingers and looking at John curiously. Finally you hear one of them whisper, louder than the rest, "Here, I'll just ask him, god" And roll his eyes.

"Excuse me but are you John Frusciante of the Chili Peppers?" Asks the guy.

"Well no, I have never been in a band called the 'chili peppers'" He says dismissively and you give him a look that clearly tells him not to be rude to the people who were taking care of you.

"We're called the Red Hot Chili Peppers, are you familiar with any of our work?" John asks and you stifle a laugh.

"Well yeah man, I mean like behind Nirvana you're like my favorite band ever" He says shrugging.

"Well that's great. I'm glad you're a fan but my girlfriend here is a little bit injured and I think we should all focus on her, because as much as I love my job, I love her about one hundred million times more." John says, squeezing your good hand.

"Wait...but, I thought..." Says one paramedic to another but when she sees everyone looking around her stops in her tracks.

"What did you think?" You ask attempting to sit up a little.