Chapter 50

John's POV

"Come on, we've have to get to the venue, sound check is in like an hour" You remind Sam gently.

"God, but John, I'm so tired. Can I just meet you there a bit later?" Sam asks and you frown.

"But Sami you've done that the past two shows, why don't you want to come to the shows until the last minute? Is something wrong?" You ask and she gives you a tiny smile of reassurance.

"I've just been insanely tired lately! I'm sorry baby, next gig I promise I'll come with you to sound check, I just need sleep." You say.

"But you left right after the set ended yesterday and you've slept all day" You counter, not wanting to sound whiney but knowing that you do.

"I know, I think the tour's been taking a lot out of me that's all. I'm just not used to the lifestyle—but I promise, I'll be there in three hours when the show starts" She says and you shrug in defeat, "I know you'll be amazing, give the guys my love" She says when you lean down to give her a kiss and you smile, leaning your head against hers.

"Ok babe, the tour's almost over anyway, I mean we're in Sacramento, then San Francisco, then hometown show in LA, and that's the end of the tour. Then we'll get home, after the new year I'll put my record out, you'll get a job and life will be back to normal I promise" You say and she nods grinning.

You head out the door and to the gig, trying not to let yourself become too worried about Sam.

2 hours later

"I thought you said Sam was going to be here for the gig, the Foos are already on" Says Flea.

"I know, I don't know where she is, I've tried her cell and the hotel but she isn't picking up," You say not even attempting to hide your stress, "I'm gonna try her one more time" You say pulling out your phone and stepping into the dressing room.

You dial Sam's number and to your surprise she answers on the second ring, "Shit John I'm so sorry, I just woke up and got your calls I'm getting dressed right now. I'll be there in like ten minutes I called a cab" She says and you can hear her rushing around on her end of the line.

"See John I'm dressed I'm about to go downstairs the car's already here" She says frantically.

"Sam its ok, stop running, we won't start for a little while, I was just worried about you. You weren't answer any calls and you seemed a little out of it last time I saw you. I just was worried" You repeat.

"I know. I'm fine though, I'm just so stressed and tired that's all" She says in an attempt to soothe you.

"Ok, I'll see you soon, I love you" You say.

"Love you too babe" She replies, "I'll be there in five"

4 hours later

"Baby, it was a great show for you tonight. That solo was perfection" Says Sam, kissing you and then walking over to the bed.

"Thanks Sami, I'm glad you liked it" You say sitting down on the bed next to her, "You know we haven't...you know...in a while" You say kissing her neck and slowly inching your hand up her shirt.

"Stop, John" She says instantly backing away and pulling her shirt down quickly. The mood in the room immediately changes from joking and casual to tense in a matter of seconds.

"Sam, I didn't mean to pressure you I just, we haven't had sex in a while and I don't know why" You counter carefully.

"Yeah well do you remember when you were on your celibacy kick and we didn't have sex for months and months and I didn't pressure you at all. And now you're pressuring me!" She snaps and you back up defensively.