Chapter Twenty-Three

Third Person's POV

  Myrtle got separated from her guardians and found herself in a narrow passageway. Still in her HDWM, she traversed the said passageway, putting her guard up. Meanwhile, her guardians found themselves swarmed with enemies and they engaged in a fight.

  Same goes with the rest of the assault team...

  Tsuna reached an enourmous room and in the middle of it was no other than Lexica Kurata.

  "Yokouso, Vongola Decimo." Lexica said with a sly smile on her lips. "Shall we dance? My future husband."
  "Yeah right." Tsuna shrugged and got himself in defense.

  Lexica charged, firing impure sky flames from her two guns. Tsuna dodged it by running around.

  Despite being like that, Tsuna thought. She stil has sky flames.

  Once Lexica stopped firing, and the smoke cleared, Tsuna summoned Natsu.

  "Gao!"
  "Good to see you too, aibo. Natsu, Cambio Forma, Primo's gauntlets!"

  Natsu slowly transformed into gauntlets with the Roman numeral number 1, in it. "Zero Point Breakthrough!"

  Lexica was able to dodge the said attack. On her former location, ice spikes formed. But instead of being scared, a satisfied smirk was plastered on her face.

  "Just be mine already!" Lexica aimed her gun and, "Sky Shot!"

  Concentrated sky flames was shot towards Tsuna. But Tsuna was prepared. "Vongola Ring Version. Zero Point Breakthrough: Customized."

  Lexica's attack dissipated, the sky flames she shot became Tsuna's.

  "Impressive. As expected of my lover."

  A chill ran down Tsuna's spine. This Lexica girl is one obsessed girl. Suddenly, she dropped to one knee.

  "Damn it! With all those trainings, my stamina's still hasn't improved. That one shot of my strongest attack drained most of my energy." she muttered to herself. "We'll continue this later."

  Mist suddenly enveloped her amd when it vanish, so did she.

  "So she has other attributes as well."

*****

  On a certain passageway, a black haired young man was following a certain red headed girl. This guy is Joshua Sebastian, Lexica's Mist Guardian. He specializes in covert operations and information gathering. And above all, he can hide his presence. A perfect ability for assassination, in which he excels at.

  "I don't care if the young heir of the Verre wants you," Joshia sneered. "You're a hindrance to the Kurata Clan."

  He aimed his gun and fired.

  Myrtle could tell she was being followed, she could feel a pair of eyes watching her every move. Unfortunately, she can't pinpoint where the gaze is from. She could really use Tsuna's Hyper Intuition right now.

  Suddenly, she was grabbed and pinned to wall. And at the same time, six spears struck her former location. She heard gunshots and a thud. She looked at the location of the thud and saw a black haired guy lying on his own pool of blood.

  "Why?" the guy said as he struggled. "Traitor."
  "You wouldn't understand, Joshua."

  Anothet gunshot rang and Joshua stopped moving. Myrtle looked at the perpetrator in front of her.

  "Why did you do that, Naruse Shouta?"
  "You're still calling me that?" he smirked. "Despite knowing my real identity as the successor of the Verre Mafia?"
  "Yes you're Thomas Verre III, but I first knew you as Naruse Shouta." I pointed my katana unto him.

  I noticed that he smiled. Not smirk like he usually does, but a genuine smile. And I can see the hurt in his eyes.

  "If you only knew." I heard him mutter.
  "Why did you save me anyway?" I asked.
  "Unfortunately, I have no obligation to tell you."
  "But you just betrayed the Kurata by killing one of their men. And the guy was Lexica's Mist Guardian."
  "As I said, I have no obligation to tell you. Although," he leaned in closer to Myrtle. "I can tell you this. If I were you, I'd pull everybody out of this place. Things are about to get messy."
  "Why should I do that?"
  "The place is rigged to blow in fifteen minutes. I'd hurry if you want to save your beloved Decimo. Even though I still want you to be my wife."

  He flashed yet another smile and left. Why she didn't attack him when he was so open, Myrtle had no idea. Somehow, at that short moment, he seemed awfully familiar. But then she remembered the problem at hand.

  "Reborn," she tapped her eaepiece. "Get everybody out."
  "Yeah. Enma found a self-destruct system. I already relayed it to everyone. You should get out too."
  "On my way."

  Myrtle ran to the nearest exit and found Tsuna there, by his lonesome.

  "Let's get out of here." she nodded.

  Tsuna suddenly took her bridal style in one hand and the two flew away from the warehouse. Myrtle couldn't hide her blush. She was already out of her HDWM, so it became evident. When they gained some distance away, the warehouse exploded and was engulfed in fire.

  When Tsuna finally set her down, she was still silent and blushing.

  "Daijubo?" Tsuna asked.
  "Daijubo, Tsuna-kun." she said in a small voice.

  Tsuna was confused. But when he saw her blush, he remembered what he did and blushed himself.

  "Um, uh..."

  There was another explosion and it shook the place they were standing.

  "We should go farther." and so the two went farther.

  Meanwhile, from a distance, Thomas III and his Lightning Guardian who acts as his right hand man, Isaac, stood atop a building.

  "Are you sure you're going through this plan?" Isaac asked his boss.
  "No turning back."
  "I understand."

################

Ooh, I wonder what Thomas the Third's plan is????

Konichiwa minna-san! I was finally able to update!!!

Did you guys like it? Tell me what you think!

Also, let me flag my novel, The Warrens! Just check it out if you have time and if you like action. And please tell me what you also think of that one.

Cheerio!!!!

Love,
Niche Bezarius