Chapter Twenty-Eight

Tsuna's POV

  Me and the remaining of my guardians were located in the main gates, the east side of Namimori High School. While making our stand there, me on my Hyper Dying Will Mode, men in black uniforms started to appear. There were at least 40 of them and they came straight at us.

  "Hibari, just this once. Bite them to death."
  "You don't have to tell me, Omnivore."

  Hibari attacked those helpless souls.

  "Operation XX." I said, more like whisper.
  "Got it boss!" a mechanical voice said in my headphones. "Standby."
  "Minna! Get out of the way!"
  "200,000 Fiamma Volts."
  "XX Burner: Air!!!"

  Orange flames shot out from both my hands and engulfed the enemies. When the light died down, 3/4 of the enemies were down and the rest were frozen on where they stood. Hibari-san was the first one to act and defeated the remaining men.

  I suddenly heard a clap and came face to face with the orange-haired mafia don successor.

  "Sugeh! You really surprise me everytime, Decimo." he said in a chirpy tone.
  "Thomas Verre III."
  "I was hoping to see Myrtle." he sighed.
  "Then sorry to disappoint you. But you're facing me."
  "I guess there's no other choice." he took out two guns. "Here I come!"

  He lunged at me and I managed to block or dodge his attacks. He fights like Xanxus, with the guns and all, though Xanxus was more intimidating because of his scowls. Thomas III has a smile plastered in his face, which was extremely creepy.

  "Take this, Sky Blaster!" sky flames was shot from his two guns.
  "Natsu, Cambio Forma! Primo's Cloak!"

  The attack came and I managed to deflect it with the cloak. But, the force made me slam to the school building, which created a few cracks.

  I swore I felt killing intent from a certain skylark. I gulped the non-existing lump on my throat. I'm gonna have to deal with him later. I glared at Thomas.

  "Yabi!" I heard him say. "Hibari-san is so gonna be pissed off."
  "You think?" I still held my glare. "My turn. Burning Axle!"

  A big ball of pure sky flames flew towards Thomas. I can see the shock on his eyes, and tried deflecting my attack. Burning Axle hit him and it made a big exolosion.

*****

  Meanwhile, inside the gym, the students were having their fun as the concert proceeded. Like no battle was happening outside.

*****

  When the explosion receeded, I saw no traces of Thomas.

  Damn! Did he run away? That guy's too stubborn to be done in by that. I was holding back too.

  "Tsuna! Another wave is coming!" I heard Yamamoto shout below me.

  I gazed at the direction where the enemies first came and another group of enemies was coming. And a lot more too. I tapped on my headset.

  "Niche-san, Gokudera-kun, how do we proceed?" I asked.
  "My squad needs back-up. They're in the south." said Niche.
  "A certain dictionary is going crazy there Jyuudaime!"

  Dictionary?

  I shook my head and looked at my guardians, "Minna! I'll leave this area to you!"

  They all nodded, 'Hn' for Hibari-san, and I flew to the southern part of the school. And there, I saw the rampaging princess of the Kurata Clan, Lexica Kurata.

Oh, dictionary.

[A/N: Please tell me you got the pun, reader-san. 😩😱
By the way, I took Lexica's name from the old word for dictionary which was, Lexicon. 😉]

  My thinking suddenly got cut off when a figure suddenly appeared in front of me.

  "Konichiwa, Vongola Decimo." said Lexica with her, I think, sweetest smile.
  "Stop this, Lexica." I replied with my voice deeo and serious. Well, I was in boss mode.
  "And let the death of my Mist Guardian go to waste?"
  "Death?"
  "During your attack on our hideout, Joshua was killed. And his last opponent was the Ashtein Hepta." she sneered and shot me.

  I managed to deflect it with Primo's cloak.

  "Myrtle would never kill anyone."
  "Ha! We're a part of the mafia Decimo. We kill. Whether for survival or entertainment. And didn't you know? Your 'fiancée' is one of the best hitmen in the mafia."

  I was stumped.

  "Do you really think we waged war with the Ashteins and Vongola just to make you, the successors, our partners in life?"

  She's hurt. My instinct said.

  "She killed my father! And she was ten that time!"

  My eyes widened. Myrtle? No way.

  "It's not like you haven't killed before either Decimo. But I really like you. But I also have a bone to pick with that Hepta-bitch. I don't care if Thomas likes her. I'll make her suffer." she looked at me. Her eyes were full of rage and hatred. "So, get out of the way."

  I gulped the non-existing lump in my throat.

  "I'm sorry Lexica, but I'm not going to let you hurt Myrtle."

  My sky flames burned brighter.

  "So be it. And when I win, I'll claim my prize."

  And so, she attacked.

##########

Gah, Lexica's getting crazy!!!

Two updates in one day!!!

Hello!!!

Love,
Niche Bezarius