Chapter Twenty-Nine

Here's an update for you guys!!!!!!

##############

Myrtle's POV

  I was checking the back of the buildings for enemies.

*sigh*

  Namimori High School became a battlefield for the Mafia War. I gripped my hair. The last time I felt this nervous and scared was when the first time I killed, I was 8 back then.

  "But why would they attack us here, of all places?" I said to no one in particular.
  "Because everyone you care about are gathered here." I heard a familar voice.

  I turned around and saw Thomas Verre III on all his glory. I did a defensive stance.

  "Thomas, call back your forces. Innocent lives should not be involved in this!" I yelled.
  "And I agree with you." I was shocked. "But it's the old man and old lady's orders. And Lexica agreed of course, since she wanted revenge on you for killing her Mist Guardian."
  "But I didn't."
  "I know, I did."
  "Are you planning in betraying them?" I held Naga tighter.
  "Since knowing you were the target? Yeah, I am."

  I just looked at him with disbelief. He was willing to betray his family for me?

  "Why would you do such a thing?" I asked.
  "Because you're important to me."

  He went closer, but I held my ground. Our faces were inches apart. I can't help but feel familiar with him. He held my free hand, and his touch felt familiar too.

  "Who are you?"
  "We met before Myrtle, no, Flower."

  The name sounded familiar too.

  "Ten years ago, we met back in London. You were my childhood best friend and I used to call you Flower. Because myrtle is a kind of flower."

  I tried pulling away.

  "What kind of joke is that? I'm not falling for it!"
  "Please believe me. At least, let me show you."
  "What?"

  He held my hand tight and enveloped me in a hug. I felt a warm feeling entering my head and I blacked out.

  When I opened my eyes again, I was in a park in London. And beside me was Thomas, still holding my hand.

  "Where-"
  "We're in my memory. I have the ability to share a flashback with someone. So I'm showing it to you."

  In the swing was a six year old boy. He was alone in the swing, and was crying. I noticed he has a big wound on his knees and a few bruises on his arms and legs. He suspiciously looked a lot like Thomas.

  "Look, the chibi you is coming."

  A small version of me came running. I recognzed it immediately because I've seen pictures from before I lost my memories.

  "Hey, you okay?"
  "Do I look okay to you?" small Thomas spat, but continued crying nonetheless.
  "I was such a clumsy guy, weren't I?" said the Thomas beside me.
  "You don't say." I replied.

  Our attention went back to the kids.

  "Does it hurt?" small me asked again.
  "What do you think?!"

  I shook my head. Little Thomas was so sarcastic.

  "Okay, okay. Geez. Wait here."

  Little me left. A few minutes later, little me came back with leaves.

  "Stay put."

  She held one leaf and proceeded heating it with her sky flames. Little Thomas' eyes went wide.

  "I don't have Sun Flames, so this is the best I can do. And I'm not supposed to show this to a civilian, so let's keep it a secret okay?"

  After heating the leaf (not burning okay?), she put it on the wound on little Thomas' knees.

  "There, that should stop the bleeding. When you get home, just put proper medicine on it. And oh, don't forget to drink antibiotics." little me flashed a smile.
  "What are you, a doctor? You're a midget."
  "Hey! I just helped you. At least thank me! And I read a lot."

  Little Thomas just raised an eyebrow.

  "Thomas," I nudged him. "You were such an arse."
  "One of my attractive points."

  Back to the kids.

  "Thanks."
  "Hmm? I didn't hear you." little me said in a sing song voice.
  "Tch. I said thanks, deaf."
  "I'll just ignore the last one." she sighed. "You're welcome. I'm Mytrtle by the way."
  "Thomas."
  "I gotta go, Thomas, I just snuck out."
  "Wait, let's meet again tomorrow. At this park."
  "Sure!"

  Little me left. The Thomas beside me chuckled.

  "What's so funny?"
  "You were such a cute child."
  "Shut up."

  The scene dissolved. We were back in the park, but the little Thomas sitting in the swing has different clothes and his knee was patched up. The little me came running.

  "What took you so long?"
  "Hey! It's not easy sneaking out okay?" little me started catching her breath. "So, what are we gonna do?"
  "What most six year olds do in summer. Play!" little Thomas said enthusiastically.
  "Seriously? There's something wrong with your head."
  "Don't worry about it."

  The two started playing tag, then with the seasaw, the swing, slides. They even played hide-and-seek.

  The sun was starting to set, painting the sky a beautiful shade of orange.

  "I have to go." little me said.
  "Myrtle, let's meet here again tomorrow."
  "Okay! See you tomorrow, Tommy."
  "Tommy?"
  "Yeah! Thomas is such a boring name, so Tommy!"
  "Gah! That's a very embarrassing name!"
  "The give me a nickname too."

  Little Thomas thought. "Well, I'll call you Flower then."
  "Lame."
  "Hey!"
  "Why flower?"
  "Because myrtle is a flower."
  "Hmm. Okay then. See you tomorrow Tommy."

  The scene dissolved again and we were in a pitch black space.

  "Tommy?" I questioned, and saying the name was kinda familiar.
  "Hey, you were the one who called me that, Flower."
  "So we did meet before my accident."

  Upon hearing the last word, his face suddenly became solemn, but it came back to its cheerful facade.

  "So, we played a lot. You would sneak out of your mansion just to play with me."
  "Why didn't my parents tell me?"
  "I don't know."

  A scene came into view again. Little Thomas was wearing a black formal suit, and he was crying again.

  "Tommy!" little me called.
  "Flower!"

  Little Thomas grabbed me and enveloped me in a hug. He kept crying.

  "Mum's gone! My mother's gone Flower."
  "Shh. Shh. I know it's never going to be the same but she'll always be in your heart."

  Little Thomas continued crying. It was almost dark when he finally stopped.

  "Would you like me to stay with you? I'll just call home and tell them I'm staying with a friend." little me offered.
  "I don't want to go home. It reminds me too much of mum. And besides, nobody's waiting for me anymore."
  "Okay. Come with me then."

  Little me dragged little Thomas and we went away from the park. The scene dissolved again.

  "Where was your dad?" I asked Thomas.
  "I didn't know him then. I was an illegitimate child of my father, and I lived alone with my mother."
  "So, you didn't know of the mafia?"
  "Never had a clue."

  We continued watching his memories of me.

############

It's here! The missing past of Myrtle and her connection to Thomas Verre III!!!

Did you guys like it? Please tell me what you think about this chapter!

Love,
Niche Bezarius