9.

Monroe sat on her bed as Harry sat beside her giving her a hot cup of tea. She drank it almost immediately wanting her insides to be warm.

The warm feeling could only last so long in her body as it'll turn back icy and the need to warm it up again will never be quenched.

"What do you want to talk about first?" He asked her as she took a final gulp of her tea before placing it down.

"I went to a party," she started. "With a friend from work- I shouldn't even call her a friend since she ditched me."

She looked up at him, his full focus on her, his green eyes peering at her blue ones. His lips parted desperately wanting to say something but kept his tongue.

"I um. I just needed to do something and we aren't friends so I just... I just needed someone to talk to for a bit," she spoke quietly. She didn't know what else to say about tonight. The silence drove her mad as Harry was trying to put to together what to say, her fiddling with her fingers trying to keep her mind as blank as possible.

"Why were you crying?" He asked another question and she shook her head not wanting to answer.

"I.... I'm just tired," she whispered.

Sleep wasn't the answer though. She was drained out and had no effort to put energy into anything.

she just wanted her misery to end.

It hurt to know how broken she was inside as each minute passed by. She just wanted to close her eyes and never wake up.

Harry got up and went to the washroom and when he returned she saw him with a wipe in his hand. He came closer to her and knelt down in front her and wiped the makeup off her face.

Monroes breaths came out shakily as he took off the last remains of makeup, her face looking more blotchy then it already was. She looked away from Harry's face but he only brought it back up to face him.

"What are you trying to prove, Roe?" He asked her and she raised her eyebrow genuinely confused as to what he was asking.

"Why are you trying to cover up with makeup to make it seem like everything's okay when deep down you're not and you don't want anyone to know about it?"

She was about to wipe a tear that was about to escape her eye but Harry caught her hand before she could wipe her eye and a tear escaped.

And just like that, one after tear after the other were falling and he finally knew for sure that she was a broken mess and that she was unfixable.

"I-I'm sorry," she stuttered and wiped the tears.

"Don't be sorry, Roe," he almost scolded.

"Y-You were the only o-one that kept me somewhat sane.... and... and I shut you out and I-I feel like I'm falling apart but you drive me fucking insane at the same time."

He wiped the tears from her face and kissed the corner of my mouth delicately but she held his chin and pressed her lips unto his.

No more hesitance.

No more uncertainty.

Just feeling.

It was a few gentle pecks that made her lose feeling over her entire body. He had control over her that no one else had and she enjoyed the feeling.

The pecks turned into lingering kisses as he savoured her lips as she did his. She placed her hands on his shoulders as he pulled her closer to him, now on the floor with him.

The fire that was there before when he kissed her the first few times had returned again and as the kiss grew gradually the more the fire started to burn.